What's new

Pioneer DV-563A? (1 Viewer)

Does anyone have any reviews, or anything on this product.

I need a DVD player ASAP! (my last one crapped out) and I really would like to pick this one up as soon as it becomes available (july 14th is the rumor I heard) but I can not find any reviews on it.

Also what are your experiences with other Pioneer DVD players?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
See that bottom up there called "search". Its your friend. Cozy up to it, and type in "Pioneer DVD" and you will have lots amd lots to read.

The short story: The newer ones do poorly on the bench, but users that have them seem pretty happy. In the end, its your eyeballs that have to judge.

FTR, I have a Pioneer 45A that I am thus far pleased with, although it finished DFL in the Secrets DVD Player Shoot-out.

BGL

John Knowles

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I don't know that anyone has it for sale although I understand that best buy will have it within a week or two...I am interested in how this player is as well.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I've had one on preorder from OneCall for some time now, but still have no idea when it'll actually ship. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
The stated availability date for the 563A seems to change on almost a daily basis. I wouldn't place too much importance on the "early August" timeframe -- it could change again tomorrow.

Joe Road

Agent
I called one call again today and a diffrent guy told me mid august. I then called pioneer and the lady told me second week of august. SO I guess we can conclude it will be here sometime or other in August.

Scott Kriefall

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
Until the first week of August, when they begin to state that it'll ship in September... etc. Perhaps I've become too doubtful, but I won't believe it until I actually receive an email stating that my unit has shipped.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
Crutchfield.com has it on their site. (for $180.00)

I seem to recall reading on this forum that this player does indeed have internal bass-management for the high resolution audio capabilities. Can anyone confirm this?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Just out of curiousity have you ever heard SACD from a non-DSD-to-PCM converting player? I'd be very interested in how the DSD-to-PCM sounds compared to a "true" (for lack of a better word) SACD player.

Happy listening!

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
This is what I posted in another forum........

I would love to give a full review but my equipment... well let's just say that some of you have pre-amps that cost more than my whole system :rolleyes:
But I have a feeling that the music I play now in DTS or just redbook will sound much better...and that is the main mission. But I will give my opinions on the player for those who have systems like mine(cheapish). Or just on the ease of using and setting it up......sound wise I guess look for someone else who can compare the difference..

Joe Road

Agent
I got tired of waiting for the 563 so I ordered the dv-45a last night. Got it from one call for 349.99 Price was right. I will see how it sounds and probably order an ICBM in a couple months.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Steve, don't let the cost of your system deter you from posting your impressions of equipment.

Quite frankly, I think I may spring for this unit anyway. $179 street (which means I'll get it for considerably less from my dealer) is about as good as you can ask for a DVDA/SACD player. If/When they get this whole DSD/PCM thing resolved and have a true DSD decoding all-in-one that is affordable, I'll just ditch this player on eBay or give it to a relative.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
Steve, don't let the cost of your system deter you from posting your impressions of equipment
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Just testing it out with Billy Joel The Stranger....
Up next DSOTM.
Very easy setup.....But there is no indication on Bass Management..would that just be the setup with the player that ask the speaker size?
Gee...I wanna run out and upgrade everything I have(not that it doesn't sound great now):b
Haven't checked out any regular DVD's so I'll report back later....

Very happy to now be in "Hi-Rez" heaven......:D :D

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
Well, color me green with envy. Glad to hear you're enjoying the player, Steve - and thanks for posting your impressions.

But there is no indication on Bass Management..would that just be the setup with the player that ask the speaker size?
That SHOULD be it. I say "should" because it may have more comprehensive BM - I don't know...

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Steve:

Glad you finally got the unit. Crutchfield notified you it had shipped on Tuesday (yes?) and you got it yesterday (Thursday the 17th)? Not bad.

Paul

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
Same with me, Crutchfield shipped it Tuesday and I got it Thursday. Funny thing is I got a "sorry backorder letter" in the mail today, Friday.

No sign of the chroma bug I can see, thank goodness.

I'm using an Outlaw ICBM but would love if anyone can confirm that setting the speakers to small will output their low freg. to the sub (analog bass management).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks