What's new

Phone Call Interrupts Internet Service (1 Viewer)

Steve Clark

Second Unit
A while back, my computer was setup such that once online, incoming phone calls would not interrupt the internet service and the outside party would get a busy signal. Now when I am online, phone calls knock me off the line and ring in. I preferred it the way it was before but I do not know how to change the setting. HELP.

Gregory Maier

Auditioning
Disable Call waiting if you have it on your phone directions are in the front of your local telephone book. It's usually done by picking up the reciever of your phone and dialing *72 (or something close to)then you'll here two quick beeps then hang up. I found this out when a customer using dial-up ISP service had added a service package to their phone service ie Caller ID, Call Waiting, Call Fowearding etc when they all come in some nifty named package called Perfered user or something lol.
Hope this helps.

Gregory A. Maier

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Most times your modem software will have a setting you can check that will disable the call waiting for you (sounds like you had this checked at one time).

Go into the modem settings in the control panel and look through the settings. You should find the one you need.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
If there's no option for disabling call waiting, adding *70,, (that's asterisk, seven, zero, comma, comma) in front of the phone number should do the trick.

KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks