What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Pee Wee's Playhouse... (1 Viewer)

Ravi K

Supporting Actor
There is a Freaks and Geeks box set only available on the official website with one or two extra discs and a yearbook.

I will wait for the mega box set. I've waited about 14-15 years to see the show, I can wait a little while longer.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor

So its the normal set you can buy in stores but with 2 extra DVDs? Sorry, I don't mean to get off topic....connect the dots..la la la la la

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Amazon.com now has the volume 1 and 2 sets of pee wee's playhouse up for order price is $34.99 per volume and the street date they show is november 9th.

Is it definite that the box set with extras is coming in 2005 ? i am not sure whether to wait or not if it's definate i probably will just wait since there is alot to buy that month as it is.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'd also like to know if the deluxe limited edition set is definite or not because Ive been waiting years for Pee-wee's Playhouse to come to DVD and would love to part with my money as soon as possible in exchange for these sets but would wait for an ultimate edition if it's 100% confirmed.

Also, will the Christmas special only be available as is, or might that be included as part of the deluxe set next year - I want to know exactly what to buy and/or anxiously wait for.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Is there any more info on that limited edition set? I don't want to double dip, but I want PWP ASAP. Is the LE still coming out? Or should we go for the two sets?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks David, I really want to pick this up immediately but I'm concerned that if I do, it might be announced again in 2-3 months when Image Entertainment releases details for the upcoming "Deluxe Ltd. Edition" box sets...

Has there been any updates whatsoever from Image regarding the context for these releases? I just don't want to buy this and than have it featured in the deluxe box set rendering my copy useless and essentially a waste of money...

Is there any chance TVShowsOnDVD could contact Image regarding this concern that I know a few people here have expressed, just to let us know if it's "safe" to but the disc?

I'm really looking forward to it!!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I'm with you Marco. Since I know there is a "plan" to release better editions within a year, I'm going to hold off until the "full sets" come about.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

They always used PD cartoons so rights shouldn't be an issue. The cartoon is present on the "Pee-wee's Playhouse Christmas Special". I initially planned on waiting for the supposed deluxe edition but I would hate to wait and wait for it to come out only to find that it was canceled due to low sales. I bought the Christmas Special and I'll buy the series on the 16th.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
So, is anyone planning on buying both versions of the sets? As planned now, Paul will be doing a special selection thing later on... I do not want to waste my money on something with just different packaging though...

Ryan

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
That article is a good read for Reubens/Pee-wee fans, and reveals that Pee-wee is going to be revived. But about the DVDs it reveals nothing new. The article concludes by saying:

quote:The two box sets distributed by Image Entertainment contain all 45 episodes of Pee-wee's Playhouse and retail for $50 each. A special collector's edition is in the works for 2005.

That much has been known for a while. And my guess is that they printed the article one week early, because it talks like the first two sets are already newly released. They are not; they come out next Tuesday, the 16th.

It does NOT sound like Reubens is claiming the release of the SE versions will be waiting for the Pee-wee revival film, since the article says there is no timetable yet for the production of that project. So, although it's logical to tie the two together, my guess is that we won't have to wait that long.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
As much as I'd like to own these now, I'm definitely going to wait for the special editions. I know if I jumped the gun and bought the existing sets, I wouldn't be too inclined to put down more money to re-buy the sets with the commentaries, etc. I've waited this long, so I think I can definitely hold out a little longer.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Image got back to me about the set, and unfortunately they can't give away details "due to the length of time
between now and the possible release date for this title."

I might just get the Christmas disc and if it's in the set, give it to someone.
Also, isn't Big Adventure turning 20 next year, not 25?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
It came out in '85 so it would be the 20th anniversary next year. Reubens must have been mistaken, but 20 is obviously a milestone in any case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks