Peacekeepers on USA

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by David Singleton, Aug 5, 2003.

1. David Singleton

David Singleton Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone caught the pilot episode of Peacekeepers on the USA network? If not, you couldn't have watched USA for at least the past week. [​IMG]

While very much a copycat of CSI, the western genre has always had a special charm for me. The pilot episode had a fair story and Berenger makes for a good cowboy. The Pinkerton agent still has to grow on me a little more, but I think he may be okay.

If they could have guest appearances by Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot down the line, I'd be real happy. Those two are two of today's best western actors.

Other opinions welcome. [​IMG]

David

2. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

I enjoyed it. I didn't really think of it as a Western, more as a period mystery, and it worked well enough on that level.

3. Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams Supporting Actor

4. David Singleton

Absolutely. I have Trimark's Shadow Riders disk and just picked up The Quick and the Dead with Sam Elliot (not the Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman movie). I just wish The Sacketts and Conagher would both come out.

I agree Jason. I thought it did work well enough as a period mystery, at least the pilot, without having to rely on any "western charm." It just had that going for it, too.

David

5. Carlos Mendoza

Carlos Mendoza Stunt Coordinator

I liked it, but didn't get much of a "Western" feel from it. While I can't put my finger on it, some of the dialogue seems anachronistic and inappropriate for that time period.

6. Ryan_C

Ryan_C Second Unit

I watched it with my mom last week, and it was pretty good show. I will be watching it again for the next few eps anyway, if I am here and bored.

7. David Singleton

D'oh!

Having just watched the second show, I realize the show is titled "Peacemakers."

Woops.

It also has a Wild, Wild West feel to it as well.

David