What's new

Panasonic CT-34WX53 - Pros/Cons? (1 Viewer)

Scott Reiss

Agent
I'm just starting to look at TVs again after about 8-9 years and currently have a Toshiba 32". It sits in an entertainment cabinet and I'm thinking of replacing it with a 16:9 HDTV. Thing is, the replacement would need to fit inside a 3' by 3' opening. I've found that really limits my options ... but I have come across this model (Panasonic CT-34WX53.)

I have a digital receiver from the cable company and mostly watch TV and DVDs. Some videotapes, but mostly just the kids' stuff.

Anyway, now that I've found something that could fit the space, any thoughts? Is this a worthwhile upgrade from the old Toshiba? Is there a better buy? I can get it for about 1600-1700 USD.

Now that I have something specific to evaluate ... I'm not sure what questions to ask next! Help!

Scott Reiss

Agent
Anyone? Even if you don't know this model, any suggestions on what you would be evaluating? Or am I better off sticking with what I have since the space is so restricted?

I just recently bought this Panasonic tv two weeks ago and it has been really great.

The only con I have found with the the TV is that it does not support 720p, but it is not a real big problem for me since my tuner just converts it 1080i.

Here is a review that will probably help you out in deciding if you like this tv.

http://saturn5.com/~jwb/tv/

JasonRabb

Grip
I got the CT-34wx53. Been tinkering for about 3 days now, testing DVD's...frankly, I'm floored. I'm REALLY havin fun with this box...I'll let you know more when I fully adjust to it.

= )

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks