What's new

Panasonic AE700 projector (1 Viewer)

Dennis:-)J

Auditioning
I have decided to purchase a FP for my HT and I am considering either the InFocus 5000 or the Panasonic AE700U. I have found user reviews on the InFocus projector but the only reviews that I have found on the Panasonic are from commerical sources. Is their a user that cares to offer a review? The projector will be used in a low ambient light area.
Dennis

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The specs of the Infocus 5000 make it seem more along the performance lines of something like the Panasonic L500U. It's brighter (1100 vs. 850 lumens) but still has a lower contrast ratio (1200:1 vs. 1300:1). The 700U seems to have the perofrmance of a DLP w/ the resolution and price point of an LCD. Seems to be a much better value. If you would be happy with the performance of the Infocus 5000 you could always get a L500U for as little as $1350 new.

Dennis:-)J

Auditioning
Thanks All - for the answers. I have found a wealth of info in the AVS formum - the PJ has it's own tweak thread.
Dennis:)J

Oren Paul

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Panasonic PTL500 and I am more than satisfied. Great blacks, no SDE (I can not see it from VERY close to the screen), good colors, just a great value. High Def sources almost appear three dimensional.

DaveHe

Auditioning
Hello Everyone.

I am also looking at the AE700U and the Screenplay 5000. The local A/V dealer told me that getting warranty issues and parts from Panasonic can be a real hassle. Anyone else have opinions on Panasonic's customer service?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks