What's new

Pre-Order Paint Your Wagon (1969) (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
In london we had some great cinemas with tube amps which the 6 track stereo sounded fantastic. I remember going up the Empire box and the chief Alan showing me the Quad 405 amps which I think were put in for Logans Run and that still sounded fab.

Reactions: PMF

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I look at those London theaters on Cinema Treasures and how would have loved to have visited them. I finally made it in the mid 70s but how disappointed to see the Warner split into a quad. And the Pavillion was showing King Kong. How foolish I was not to pay the ticket just to see the theater. I wasn't that aware of the other great cinemas of the time until Cinema Treasures.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe PYW had a roadshow run at the Astoria for close to a year while it just lasted like 4 months in NY at Loew's State 2.

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Re above I think the Quad 405s were put in for the 70mm sensuround print of Earthquake. What a fantastic cinema that was.
There was a time when the Empire showed new MGM films which tended to change after screening them for about 4 weeks. I used to see them all because I loved going to that cinema.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Didn't the Empire in London have very long runs with Dr Zhivago and Ryan's Daughter?

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Pre-order tickets by mail??? I have never seen that before!
Indeed, life before the internet had offered an array of many wonderful Christmas-like excitements and anticipations for all.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Between Pardner and Ben Rumson, it always surprised me that Elizabeth never became pregnant. Or did she? It’s never too late. There are still some great opportunities here for a sequel.

FILE UNDER: Paint Your Stroller

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Between Pardner and Ben Rumson, it always surprised me that Elizabeth never became pregnant. Or did she? It’s never too late. There are still some great opportunities here for a sequel.

FILE UNDER: Paint Your Stroller
The play strongly infers that Elizabeth is infertile while her sister-wife is not-so-much ;) ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks