What's new

Our bird flew the coop- literally. (1 Viewer)

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Well, I hung Mr.Kramers cage outside (our cockatiel) and 1 hour later, it fell to the ground, and Mr.K was gone. We've been looking for the past hour or so, but I think he's as good as gone. Sigh...how depressing :frowning:

I don't suppose anyone can help, huh? :frowning:

StephenA

Screenwriter
Sorry to hear it. Can't help because I'm across the country. Put out ads in the newspaper and make them and pass them out and such.

It's hard to find birds like cockatiels because they panic and keep flying because they get increasingly scared from unfamiliar surroundings.

Hope you do find your bird.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Glad you found him. Hope he's ok. You may wanna take him to the vet just in case to see if he's fine.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Wow! How cool is that? I was about to say "Good luck"...but I guess it isn't needed! :D

David Galindo

Screenwriter
We took him to the vet, and he's OK. Man, how crazy is that? He could have flown anywhere- on top of trees, houses, anywhere...and he gets caught behind a bush. Its a good thing he can say "Kramer"- thats how we found him!

Maybe I should teach him to say "Help!" also :D

Jason_H

Second Unit
Man, good for you! I have a Quaker parrot and I would just be devistated if he somehow got out and flew away. I try to keep his little wings trimmed often though so that won't happen!

EDIT: I just had to laugh...your bird's name is Mr. Kramer. We named our bird Cosmo Quaker as a takeoff on Seinfeld's Cosmo Kramer. :)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Naming the birds after him reminds me of when I named my brother cats Stripe and Gizmo when I was a kid. Still have Stripe, but Gizmo died around 10 years ago.

Jason_H

Second Unit

Heheh...thanks! It was my fiance's idea, actually she bought the bird to start with, but we are both very much bonded with it now. What was the inspiration for your bird's name?

David Galindo

Screenwriter
We just allways liked Seinfield, and it seemed appropriate. His feathers stick up on top of his head like Kramer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks