What's new

Optoma Releases New CinemaX P2 UST 4K Laser Projector - 9/1/20 (1 Viewer)

ProjectionHead

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
It's official, Optoma has just announced the release of their new 4K UST Laser Projector, the CinemaX P2.

This new unit boasts a 2,000,000:1 dynamic contrsat ratio (compared to the 1,500,000 rating of the P1) and a 6 segment color wheel (compared to the 8 segment color wheel of the P1).

By omitting yellow from the wheel, the P2 is said to have more vivid colors than it's predecessor.

Also, this unit comes in white only as compared to the P1's black housing.

Launching at several hundreds of dollars less then the current P1 pricing, we expect this unit to be very popular.

I will have units in-hand tomorrow and plan on opening one up ASAP for a side-by-side with the P1.

* The P1 has been discontinued with no further units being produced and the P2 & CinemaX Pro as it's replacement options.

Blog Post Announcement: Optoma CinemaX P2 - A New 4K Laser Ultra Short Throw (UST) Projector

Product Details Page: Optoma P2 Projector | Optoma CinemaX P2 Ultra Short Throw Laser 4K Projector

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Curious how these UST laser FPs compare to similarly priced traditional FPs like the Epson 5050UB (and 6050UB) not to mention the next tier up JVC units...

I shouldn't actually need UST for my next FP purchase (for the new dedicated HT room), but having additional (good) options is definitely a good thing especially given the limited choices (and likelihood that any current choice won't be the last for the long haul, so the extra flexibility may be quite useful when the next big upgrade happens and this one might be used elsewhere)...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks