What's new

Opinions on Onkyo SR702 and Yamaha RXV1500 (1 Viewer)

LowellG

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

I think I am ready to upgrade from my Yamaha RXV 530 to something larger. The main reason is I need a second audio zone. I also think I need a little more power, not sure about it though. I am not running real high end speakers. I have Def Tech SM350s for mains, PM80s in the rear and no center. I also have the Sony SM-WA40 sub.

Anyway, specs wise the two seem similar. I am even wondering whether I need the 702. Maybe the 602 will do? I do plan on upgrading speakers eventually. Maybe only getting another set of SM350s in the rear. In case you are wondering, I don't know if I will ever get a center channel. I like the 3-way sound of my SM350s and all the Def Tech CCs with 3-way are huge. The SM350s seem to do well flanking my Panny LC-14.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lowell

Joe-M

Auditioning
I have the Yamaha and it is an excellent performer both sonically and in versatility. I would rank it it as a "best bang for the buck" receiver. If you have significantly more money go for something else. Go to CNET for reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks