What's new

Onkyo TXDS797 Owners (1 Viewer)

Marat_S

Auditioning
If you are reading this thread and are an owner of a Onkyo 797, chances are you have come across a defect in the amp which causes clicking sounds in the speakers or at least heard of it. I too am an owner and experiencing the same problem. I already got some help from a few members on this board as to what the deal is with this amp and will take the reciever to the shop after finals at school are over.

I just want to get a general consensus on how many people experienced the same proble. If unit was still under warranty when you fixed the problem, what sort of service did Onkyo provide in terms of warranty claims and things of that nature. Thanks so much.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I used to own the 797 and when the clicking problem showed up i took the unit to Cambridge Soundworks and they sent it in to be repaired under warranty and i had it back in about 2 weeks. Quicker than i expected so i was pleased with the fairly quick turn around.

Dalton

JoeyB

Agent
It's strongly dependent on the competence of your local authorized service center. My repair for ticking took about 3 weeks. The separate "repair" for the audio dropouts took my service center about 6 weeks (partly the fault of Onkyo).

If your unit exhibits audio dropouts with certain DVD DD tracks and HBO/Starz DD feeds, you should also get this repaired at the same time, as an upgrade chip is now available. You need to make sure your service center understands that these are two separate repairs, as there seems to be a fair amount of confusion regarding this.

Bryan Jones

Auditioning
I have the 797 and still experience the clicking. Is it an issue with the amp or with the processor? I'm thinking of going to separates and if I can still use it as a pre-pro and buy an amp, that would be a cheaper upgrade path.

Larry Rod

Auditioning
I own a an Onkyo 898 and had the clicking and dropout problems within 6months of purchase. I went to the Onkyo website and e-mailed them to what the problems were. I recieved a reply with a contact phone number. They arranged for UPS pickup to fix the problems. I had the reciever back within two weeks. Now it works properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks