What's new

Onkyo TX-DS575X crossover question (1 Viewer)

MichaelEM

Auditioning
Just received my new SVS 20-39PCi last week, and have been calibrating using Avia. I've found a nasty dip in somewhere in the 50-70Hz range (I have the Rives Audio Test CD on order for more precise measurements). In my readings in various forums, it looks like there can sometimes be issues with the receivers crossover frequency settings.

What the heck is the crossover freq on the Onkyo TX-DS575X? I've been through the manual, but either I keep missing it, or it's not listed. Are there any adjustments to be made on the Onkyo side for this?

Thanks - I have just enough knowledge on this stuff to make me dangerous, so please be gentle! :D

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Back in the days of fixed crossovers, they didn't list it normally, so there may not be a good way of finding out. My guess would be 100Hz, but there's no guarantee on that.

The dip probably doesn't have as much to do with the crossover as it does with your room.

MichaelEM

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply. I kind of figured that was going to be the issue (hence the rives cd on order), but wanted to eliminate other possibilities as well.

Unfortunately my room opens up on 2 sides through wider than standard door widths that I am unable to close off. And I have a 6'x4' angled ceiling opening to a skylight in the roof which probably adds another 130+ cubic feet to the room volume. Ah well, challenge is fun! :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Another 575x user here. After setting up a smaller system with an Onkyo 501 receiver, JBL Northridges and a Parts Express sub I better appreciate my main setup and the work I put into it (it has JBL Studios, SVS, and Behringer Feedback Destroyer).

MichaelEM

Auditioning
Chuck and Guo -

How did you wire your SVS to the 575x? Are you using the crossover controls on the sub, or do you have them defeated? I experimented with enabling the crossover at 80Hz, but the SPL from the sub took a dive. I'd have to do a complete re-cal to do a comparison I think; and I haven't had the time yet to do that.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I went with the recommendation in the SVS manual, which is to let the receiver handle the crossover.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.