What's new

Onkyo NR-609 (1 Viewer)

maestreaux

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark
Having a couple of issues with my new NR-609. First, every time I turn it off it then back on it somehow resets the video output settings on my cable box? I will set it to output 1080i and to stretch 4:3 but I turn the receiver off then on again and it goes back to 720p and preserve 4:3 any idea how it is doing this?

Second, one of the reasons i upgraded my receiver was for DTS Master Audio & Dolby True HD audio formats. But I can't seem to get either one. I have a PS3 as my blu-ray player, does it even output those formats? I thought it did? I tried both Inception (DTS-MA) and the Dark Knight(Dolby THD) but neither format played through the receiver.

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
Maybe the cable box is "sensing" the device going off or something and reverting to its default settings.

For the PS3, there are a couple of things you need to set to get the HD Audio stuff working....

There are THREE places where you set audio output for the PS3

1) settings, audio settings, audio output settings

2) settings, VIDEO settings, BD/DVD audio output format (HDMI)
3) settings, VIDEO settings, BD audio output format (optical digital)

MAKE SURE TO SELECT BITSTREAM, NOT PCM

I believe that is correct (had it saved as a txt doc on my desktop). The original thread I pulled that from is around here somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks