What's new

Ok, Ignore My other Post:) New Reciever Pioneer Elite or Yamaha RV1200 (1 Viewer)

scott_tinari

Stunt Coordinator
I was thinking about getting the Marantz 7200, but people told me to stay away. Now I have the Pioneer Elite 35tx, should I stay with that or get the New Yamaha RV1200, I have Energy Take 5 speakers. Do you think I should Upgrade to the Yamaha RXV1200, I head that Yamaha make the best receievr for watching surround movies is this ture. Thanks ALL

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
It really boils down to personal preferences. Pioneer Elite and Yamaha are very good brands. I personally like the sound from my Yamaha. Some think Yamaha has too bright a sound, I don't. As far as watching movies, I assume you are talking about the DSP modes with Yamaha. I find most of these DSP modes distracting.

If you like the sound of the Elite with your speakers, I say keep it. But if you audition the Yamaha, try to audition in your home so you can have a "real life" audition.

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
Scott, You never said why you were thinking of upgrading. Let us know so we can give you a better idea of which Receiver is better suited to you.

The largest difference I can see is that the Pioneer is 5.1-7.1 compatible, and the Yammy is 5.1-6.1 compatible. They both do Component switching, S-vid switching, and have the same number of Digital inputs(though the Yammy has one more out put).

So unless there's a specific reason you're thinking of getting a new receiver, I can't see much of a reason to ditch the Pioneer.

Sam

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
I just want to say one thing, if you are considering the 35TX, make sure you get one that is not defective, go to the Pioneer website, the recall is for the 709S, 33TX, and 35TX, something about overheating and smoke.

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
WHOA! Sory about that. In that case, then yes, I would saythat you should definitely go with the Yamaha. PLII is a nice addition, and DTSES would also be. The only thing is, would you rather save up a little mroe, and just buy a receiver that really rocks, or maybe even separates.

Kyle_Y

Stunt Coordinator
WHOA! Sory about that. In that case, then yes, I would saythat you should definitely go with the Yamaha. PLII is a nice addition, and DTSES would also be. The only thing is, would you rather save up a little mroe, and just buy a receiver that really rocks, or maybe even separates.

If you like a warm and smooth sound then stick with the Elite. Plus you may want to go full blown 7.1 in the future. BTW the defective 35's were only out at the very begining of the receivers introduction. So unless your receiver was sitting around for a year before you bought it then you shouldn't have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks