What's new

The Matrix Revolutions (2003) (2 Viewers)

Diallo B

Screenwriter
To quote Chuck Mayer when I made an unwelcoming comment in the AOTC thread last year:

"Please make us feel welcome here."

Not everyone who doesn't like the movie has a screw loose.
I am not so sure that my comments were as unwelcoming as they were honest. I am perpetually irritated by comments like....................:rolleyes

Nevermind, I don't feel like it.

Folks PLEASE get some imagination.:frowning:

By the way I am not a Matrix fanboy. Just a sci-fi/anime/manga/comic book afficionado. I guess themes like those found in the Matrix trilogy are easier for me to swallow.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
"I am not so sure that my comments were as unwelcoming as they were honest. I am perpetually irritated by comments like...................."

Yeah, well, I felt that same way after watching AOTC...but then I just accepted that people have different tastes, that it's okay to take expectations into the theater, and that others opinions can't ultimately change my love for a movie if I really love it.

"Chris A. Please quote my posts in their intended contexts. I am not sure if you have see the movie yet but if you have some of the conclusions floating around in here are laughable."

Sorry...didn't know you were referring to people who hadn't seen the movie.

Allen Marshall

Supporting Actor
and another thing, it almost seemed like in the first one these guys stood away from anything that wouldnt look good, except for neo falling off the building that looked terrible, for the most part they stayed awaom from things that might look unrealistic or gay in the first one and i thought..wow these guys know what looks cool, but then they got they got neo throwing agent smith into a bunch of smiths making a bowling ball hitting pins noise, they got the slow motion pole thing which was cool but the guys looked so fake if you looked at their face, and then they got the end of the revolutions, 90% of the time there were flying in the air looked terrible...specially smith floating, if something doesnt look good dont do it at all, im sure the people who made daredevil know what im talking about.................(that was a joke)

anyway i hate to be so cruel but they deserve it cause they just completely ruined what i was hoping to be my favorite trilogy....im depressed and lonely

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
---quote---
Look...here is a foil for our hero...the Merovingian! He wants more power...therefore he must keep the Keymaker from Neo!

Now...audience must hate Merovingian and route for Neo!

Doesn't work for me
---quote---

Hmmm, a famous movie villian that's often cited as the most popular and appealing movie villian of all time had just as much motiviation as you ascribe to the Merovingian.

Or did I miss something about Vader you clearly saw with your 'deep' insight? And it's root, not route.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Yeah, well, I felt that same way after watching AOTC...but then I just accepted that people have different tastes, that it's okay to take expectations into the theater, and that others opinions can't ultimately change my love for a movie if I really love it.
Gotcha Chris. But when folks walk away with complete and total misunderstandings of material and then attempt to post that crap as fact it really burns me up.:angry:

I am not saying that Revolutions or Reloaded were the best movies ever. I just think folks need to get some imagination. Isn't that what the movies are for. Or is it more like some dumb chick I USED to date would say, "I don't go to the movies to think." I had to get rid of her quick.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
and another thing, it almost seemed like in the first one these guys stood away from anything that wouldnt look good, except for neo falling off the building that looked terrible, for the most part they stayed awaom from things that might look unrealistic or gay in the first one and i thought..wow these guys know what looks cool, but then they got they got neo throwing agent smith into a bunch of smiths making a bowling ball hitting pins noise, they got the slow motion pole thing which was cool but the guys looked so fake if you looked at their face, and then they got the end of the revolutions, 90% of the time there were flying in the air looked terrible...specially smith floating, if something doesnt look good dont do it at all, im sure the people who made daredevil know what im talking about.................(that was a joke)
Perfect case and point. Movies REQUIRE imagination. I would hate to see how the OT of Starwars unaltered would hold up if it were released theatrically now.

Have any of you seen that original footage lately. That REALLY required some imagination along with other movies that came even twenty years after A New Hope. It is no wonder Lucas is cleaning up every frame of that trilogy for its 2006 (hopefully) release. Folks would critically dog it otherwise.

man............................................... .......

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I guess I wanted there to be a greater sweep of things.

When in the end it was only the war with the machines that Neo stoped, when I guess I was wanting there to be more of a resolve, like saving the whole world not just stoping a war for a time period. I guess the Brothers wanted to leave an opening for another 3-6 films. Maybe hoping they could pull a Starwars on the public. Granted I think that wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as it encompassed far more than just a war between machines and man. ...I love the part when they saw the real sky!

I must say though, that was the greatest man-to-man fight I have ever seen, and probably will see for a while.:D

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Just got out of the theater. My very short review.

I am indifferent to it. Some parts I liked, some I did not. I do know I won't see it again in the theater though, did not have that much effect on me.

First hour was very slow. Zion fight had a lot of action and was cool, but the fight scene between Neo and Smith, seemed anti-climatic to me.

At the end, with the sunrise. They are in the matrix, you know when the Indian girl is on the ground, you can see the matrix being "rebooted" and made anew.

Definity left the movie open ended. You can expect to see more of the story in the future, but who know what medium they will use.

Dave Cukina

Stunt Coordinator
I'm going to keep this short and sweet, the movie was great and I really enjoyed it, thought it was better then the second.

How awesome was the scene where Neo punches Smith in the face..

I think they totally left it open for another installment, what I'd like to see is a prequel of how the machines took over, I know its in animatrix but a live action film would be great.

just my $.02

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Just wanted to mention one of my favorite moments from the entire trilogy:

Trinity's reaction when their ship broke through the muck and they got a glimpse of the sun and the clouds.

For that one brief scene, I was like a 12-year-old movie freak again, simply in awe of the moment.

:)

Ali_Jafari

Agent
Trinity's reaction when their ship broke through the muck and they got a glimpse of the sun and the clouds.
The Trinity reaction shot was indeed priceless :)

One more thought...anyone else think the movie should have ended where M1 began? How sweet would it have been to show the Oracle at the Hotel from the beginning of M1, with the Architect exchanging dialogue with her from his seat in M2 (we would see the Oracle thru one of the screens)...biggest lost opportunity IMO...

Also would have been nice to follow through on the theory that Seraph is a former "The One' by having him do some cool Neo things like stop bullets, etc.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I kind of enjoy how everything isn't explained and handed to you on a plater. Let's you think for yourself.

Of course that's not everyone's ball of yarn, but I enjoyed it.

I also was very involved in what was going on and was not disappointed that neo and trinity didn't dominate on screen time.

I do think a lot will hate it because there isn't the one on one action but a huge war of FX. Well for me this succeeded where ATOC failed (AOTC the only other movie with a huge FX war). The war here seemed necessary and exciting, where as that war in clones seemed boring and silly. I was drawn in and wanted to know what happened, in clones that huge war made me thinking I could care less. So as you can see, I enjoyed the large FX war this time.

And if you saw this on IMAX your crazy, how can you watch this in Pan and Scan?

Ali_Jafari

Agent
And if you saw this on IMAX your crazy, how can you watch this in Pan and Scan?
On the contrary, it was not pan & scan, rather formated to fit a 2.35:1 movie onto a 4:3 screen so you saw the black bars at the top & bottom, but still got a screen twice as large as any other theatre.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
On the contrary, it was not pan & scan, rather formated to fit a 2.35:1 movie onto a 4:3 screen so you saw the black bars at the top & bottom, but still got a screen twice as large as any other theatre
i didn't look 2.35:1... more like 2:1 to me... does anybody have specs? also, just how much wider is an Imax screen to the standard jumbo screen?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The IMAX screen is 1.44:1

Revolutions is being shown 2.35 letterboxed within that 1.44 frame.

Luis S

Supporting Actor
All this negative stuff being said about the film is falling on deaf ears here.:D I mean honestly how many of you got choked up when

Neo says goodbye to Morpheus or when Trin bites it? Or at the end when Morph cries?

I could barely keep from busting out in tears! :b Theres tons of emotion in this flick that really touched me. It had my wife crying for half the movie! I felt it was a beautiful ending to a hell of a journey. And theres still the possibility of more to come.:emoji_thumbsup:

Questions without answers? So what? Thats the beauty of the Matrix. It lets you draw your own conclusions....

Luis S

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I certainly felt the emotion when Neo said goodbye to Morpheous, and when Trinity saw the real sun. Not so much when Trinity bit it though...we've already seen that (hehe :)).

Much like after my first viewing of Reloaded, the more I think about the film, the more I like it. That being said, I don't think that anyone who didn't like it "doesn't have an imagination" or walked out with "total misunderstandings." Sometimes people just don't like movies. It's the way the cookie crumbles, and if they are willing to offer strong opinions, I'll always be here to listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks