What's new

Official Star Wars Press Announcement With Cover Art (2 Viewers)

Khai L

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Khai
What does 6.1 DTS Surround Sound mean???

I seriously hope they mean DTS HD MA lossless! Strange that they wouldnt specify this more clearly.......

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
It doesn't say the old dvd extras aren't on discs 7 & 8. So here's hopin'....

Khai L

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Khai
With that pic of Yoda on the Prequel Trilogy cover art, I hope that means they are fixing Yoda in The Phantom Menace!!!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Am I the only one who is shocked that George is finally allowing DTS on his precious Star Wars films, when historically he has been a staunch supporter of Dolby and nothing but?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
For full compatibility pretty much all movies of that era were released in DD, DTS, and SDDS. But for home video release Lucas has been Dolby only for all of his DVD and Blu-ray product. Even the Clone Wars series is Dolby. I'm not sure what the upcoming American Graffiti Blu-ray will be.

Originally Posted by SilverWook

The 1997 releases played in DTS theaters.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Anything emphasizing the kid from Episode 1 or the actor who plays the older version I'll not like all that much. But I guess I like the kid better than the older actor...even though the older actor does okay in Eps III. Just not of fan of those prequels and too much from that has spilled over into the 3 original films. Radioman is nostalgic and retro...those prequels come off as eye-candy. So...

I'm adding to it: "bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine original versions whine whine bitch bitch damn". Sure wish George would listen to us on this. Selfish Ewok looking mofo. :p

On a positive note, I truly believe these will look and sound amazing. So that's enough to get more of my money at this time. I'll bet I watch them much more than I watch those DVDs. Still, too much was changed for my liking and that'll always ruin the experience a little.

Yoda needs to have a doctor remove those growths from his neck...hang in there Yoda. And don't pick at em!! they'll only get infected!

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I actually think it does a good job bridging the two trilogies. I actually had grown attached to the plain covers. I thought they looked pretty classy.

It's not the concept that is bad per se, it's the execution. Like someone else said, it looks exactly like the Watchtower pamphlets :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yeah, the Saga cover is just dull. A kid walking in the desert? For god's sake, this is Star Wars!!!

The cosplay doc will be awesome -- IF it's narrated by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I really, really like that Complete Saga cover art. No badly photoshopped nonsense we got with the DVDs, but a piece of art. Sure, it would've been great if something Drew Struzan had painted would be the cover (or better yet, a piece especially commisioned, by Struzan) but this looks great. It's not too busy like the separate trilogy covers, and it really shows that ultimately the story is about a father and his son. Now, I've said many times that I wish the original trilogy would be included, but if Lucas makes sure all of the errors on the previous DVD box are corrected, then I'd definitely buy it.

Now I do hope that rumor that Lowry is restoring the original trilogy is true, and we will see a release of that in the future. I don't need the special effects to be restored (i.e. matte boxes deleted, and such), I don't need revisionist color timing, I don't need a 7.1 remix, and I don't even need the bonus features, if a release like that were to happen. Just the movies the way they looked when they were released.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Bryan Tuck

I wouldn't necessarily say they have loser lives. The Star Wars costume thing is their theme, but they do a lot of work with various charity organizations and have apparently raised quite a bit of money for some of them.

Still, an 84-minute documentary seems a bit much.

Oh they're losers all right. They dress up like Star Wars, and just happen to help some charities (which is nice of them). If there was no charity, THEY WOULD STILL DRESS UP! As Travis said, they're creepy! These are grown ups doing this, and it looks like they do it all the time, not just for a party or charity events. These creep-o's use charity events as an excuse to show off their bizarre behaviour. Charities don't want this, but they have to put up with it in order to get the donations. It's terrible! 84 minutes is way to much time to spend with these socially retarded creeps and a waste of disc space. It should be a separate release like that "Trekies" movie showing the Star Trek goofs.

The cosplay doc will be awesome -- IF it's narrated by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Agreed!

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Originally Posted by Russell G

Oh they're losers all right. They dress up like Star Wars, and just happen to help some charities (which is nice of them). If there was no charity, THEY WOULD STILL DRESS UP! As Travis said, they're creepy! These are grown ups doing this, and it looks like they do it all the time, not just for a party or charity events. These creep-o's use charity events as an excuse to show off their bizarre behaviour. Charities don't want this, but they have to put up with it in order to get the donations. It's terrible! 84 minutes is way to much time to spend with these socially retarded creeps and a waste of disc space. It should be a separate release like that "Trekies" movie showing the Star Trek goofs.

Did a cosplayer kill your dog or something?

We're grown men debating the finer points of a series of movies made by a reclusive nerd who grew up loving cheesy serials. Worse, some are grown men debating the finer points of a series of movies made by a reclusive nerd who grew up loving cheesy serials, which they don't even intend to buy. The moral high ground doesn't exist in this conversation, bud.

EdReedFan20

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder when we're going to find out if the discs are held in individual Blu-Ray cases within the box or if they are rather in a single digi-pack within the box.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Brian Borst

I really, really like that Complete Saga cover art. No badly photoshopped nonsense we got with the DVDs, but a piece of art. Sure, it would've been great if something Drew Struzan had painted would be the cover (or better yet, a piece especially commisioned, by Struzan) but this looks great. It's not too busy like the separate trilogy covers, and it really shows that ultimately the story is about a father and his son. Now, I've said many times that I wish the original trilogy would be included, but if Lucas makes sure all of the errors on the previous DVD box are corrected, then I'd definitely buy it.

Now I do hope that rumor that Lowry is restoring the original trilogy is true, and we will see a release of that in the future. I don't need the special effects to be restored (i.e. matte boxes deleted, and such), I don't need revisionist color timing, I don't need a 7.1 remix, and I don't even need the bonus features, if a release like that were to happen. Just the movies the way they looked when they were released.

I need Han Solo to shoot first.

I dont' care for the complete saga art. Is that supposed to be Luke back there? He looks like an old gray-haired man fading away --

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
So, I have to ask this question to the hardest of hardcore fans. I just read that the documentary "From Star Wars to Jedi" is essentially a cut down version of the three vintage documentaries that come with the Saga box set. Is this true...because I've been seeing numerous requests for "From Star Wars to Jedi" to be included in this set...?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Originally Posted by Cory S.

So, I have to ask this question to the hardest of hardcore fans. I just read that the documentary "From Star Wars to Jedi" is essentially a cut down version of the three vintage documentaries that come with the Saga box set. Is this true...because I've been seeing numerous requests for "From Star Wars to Jedi" to be included in this set...?

It uses some of the same footage but otherwise its a completely different doc.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Very, very excited for these. I like the artwork, especially that of the complete set. Very cool with the young Anakin and Luke.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by Ron-P

Very, very excited for these. I like the artwork, especially that of the complete set. Very cool with the young and old Luke.

Isn't it the young Darth Vader and the old Luke?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks