What's new

*** Official SHE'S OUT OF MY LEAGUE Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps it was a long week at work, but I had a good time with the cast of characters in this film, while it is a bit short on pushing an angst-ridden tale of a "5" (Kirk, played by Jay Baruchel) paired up with a "10" (Molly, played by Alice Eve), the script does go straight for the jugular with dialogue from Kirk's crazy family members (and extended family members via an ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend) and his friends who work with him at the Pittsburgh airport as they all try to make sense of Kirk and Molly's unlikely pairing.

It sort of makes sense, but the film is more interested in bringing out some of the funny situations that arise from such a misfit couple, and I laughed at most of the material, so it succeeded on that level, although the characterizations were still a bit archetypical, I still enjoyed the sweetness between Kirk and Molly at times.

It's not quite over-written like most Judd Apatow comedies, and it's not as profound or deep in some spots, but it mostly delivers on the concept of the film's title "She's Out of My League". It's rated R, and it makes the most out of the profanity and sexual situations, but in a funny way, supporting the minor bits of characterizations of the family members and friends.

Oh, I think I've developed a crush on Krysten Ritter (Molly's best friend and Party planner partner), and Alice Eve is very easy on the eyes, and isn't written to be a ditzy blonde, but an attractive young lady with a good head on her shoulders. If you're sympathetic to the concept of the film, it might hit the funny spot for you.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "She's Out of My League". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an
[COLOR= #44708c]Official Discussion Thread[/COLOR].

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks