***Official LOTR: The Two Towers DVD Discussion Thread*** -- All Posts Here; NO EXCEPTIONS

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ryan Peddle, Aug 4, 2003.

1. KimK

KimK Stunt Coordinator

I got my Gift Box friday and I'm absolutely loving every bit of it. The new cut of the movie greatly improves upon the theatrical cut in my opinion. There is more humor in it and the characters are a little more fleshed out. The Gollum statue is very nice, but I don't think you will be able to get it out of the box without tearing the thing apart. I wasn't anyway...[​IMG]

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

3. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

mine will arrive in a couple of days

[​IMG]

4. Jack_TN

Jack_TN Stunt Coordinator

Is there only the 4 disc version of the extended edition? The listing at Bestbuy.com doesn't label it Platinum Edition and the title of the webpage says 2 pieces. I wondered if they just recycled the title from the earlier release and didn't noticed the error.

Jack

5. RobertW

RobertW Supporting Actor

a couple of questions:

dan, do you think the gollum statue and bonus disc make the gift set worth buying? cause i'm not really sure i want the statue, although if the disc and booklet are top notch, i'd have to go for them.

any confirmation about the lack of a moviecash ticket for ROTK? and there definitely is a rebate coupon? that would help to offset the gift set price.

in the scenes with treebeard, one of the things that bothered me in the theatrical cut were the scenes where they were shown in closeup moving against the background, and the blue screen effects were just a bit too obvious to me. have they done any work to make these scenes blend better?

6. JayHM

JayHM Stunt Coordinator

Dan,

How do you know that the PAL DVD is unfiltered, or for that matter, that the NTSC DVD is filtered.

Just curious. I was always under the impression that PAL DVDs are mastered from the same source material as the NTSC ones.

Jay

7. Aaryn Chan

Aaryn Chan Supporting Actor

What does filtering do? Btw, I noticed that FOTR wad a bit redish.

8. Mikah Woodward

Mikah Woodward Stunt Coordinator

9. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

10. Michael Qualen

Michael Qualen Stunt Coordinator

It IS possible to get Gollum out without destroying the case, but it takes time and patience ! I just got my set, and I think it took me about 15 minutes to scratch the h*** out of the "foam" around the Gollum figurine...but I got it out eventually, and my box is still intact