What's new

Official AMAZON PRIME DAY (July 15th) Bargains and Purchases Thread (2 Viewers)

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I guess it really depends on what you're looking for. Black Friday and Cyber Monday rarely have anything I want. People at work were buying stuff left and right all day from Amazon but the only thing I ended up buying was a Buca di Beppo $25 gift card for $5 off. My girlfriend and I eat there all the time so it was a no brainer.

I was hoping to get another Amazon Fire Stick for another room but that sale is long gone. It looks like they'd offer more of these just to get people to sign up for Prime, get a cheap device and perhaps buy other things while this sale is going on.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think the problem with this sale is that Amazon has so many items and appeals to so many people that, barring having literally thousands of sales on thousands of different types of items at all times today, it was going to be basically impossible to please anyone. Of course, they should have realized that when they promoted the sale as the biggest thing to ever happen.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think the most compelling deal is the extra 15% off Amazon Warehouse Deals stock. I was THIS close to getting a "very good" condition Sony RX100m3 for ~$490. But I hesitated and presumably someone else grabbed it.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Biggest trainwreck of all time Seriously here's things I wanted...

Bond 50

Twin Peaks Complete Mystery

Twilight Zone on Blu (need to replace some damaged discs)

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (EDIT: Scratch that, 54.99!)

Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection

ANYTHING Criterion

...none of them have shown up in this sale (while XL shoehorns and gallons of lube have!)

But hey! I got a PSVita!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Lord Dalek said:
Biggest trainwreck of all time Seriously here's things I wanted...

Bond 50
Twin Peaks Complete Mystery
Twilight Zone on Blu (need to replace some damaged discs)
Steven Spielberg Director's Collection
Alfred Hitchcock Legacy Collection
ANYTHING Criterion

...none of them have shown up in this sale (while XL shoehorns and gallons of lube have!)

But hey! I got a PSVita!
Now you can save for the bond 53 set???

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011KG2G5O/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Disappointment? DISAPPOINTMENT!?!

CJ_hOiaUMAAFSrW.jpg

A five pack of brass kuckles, a plate of ham AND a Diane Keaton shirt? THAT IS AWESOME!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I LMFAO over the Brass Knuckles Family Pack! Well, I guess the Family that Brass Knuckles together... :lol:

And a Plate of Ham? Amazon really does sell everything! :P

But the Diane Keaton T-Shirt? That's just too weird and bizarre for words!! ;)

CHEERS! :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
A few things I have to say about the above article....

First of all, as much as I would like to dispute how well the sale actually went for Amazon, we saw the results directly at the Post Office I work for.

Our Amazon mail volume was double what it usually is. An Amazon driver told me that a mail facility in New York City that usually receives only 50 pallets of parcels a day, received 200 parcels.

That being said...

Anyone that spent the entire day watching the Amazon sale could tell you that it was flea market junk that was being sold.

Amazon's Prime Day Facebook page (which appears to have been removed) was filled with complaints and mockery towards the company.

In all, yes, they had MORE deals than Black Friday but that did not translate into BETTER deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks