nOrh Le Amp 2 monoblocks

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by John Gates, Apr 7, 2003.

1. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

Just announced by nOrh! I have the original Le Amps and am very impressed with them at the pricepoint. I'm looking forward to hearing these new puppies.

Le Amp 2 is going to have 180 watts into 8 Ohms at an introductory price of only $195 each (no typo).

The nOrh folks are going to be introducing this piece and a new tubed pre-amp at the Midwest Audio Fest this coming weekend. Wish I could go!

Anyone looking for a high-quality monoblock should definitely check this out.

John G

2. Ricky T

Ricky T Supporting Actor

Wow, that's a really nice deal on the monoblock! Would the tube preamp have HT bypass unity gain? Links?

3. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

Not sure about the full functionality of the pre-amp. I'm considering it and the SE-9 for a bedroom system.

Here's some info on both pieces in their "news" section. Scroll down to see info on the Tube preamp (ACA 2B, I think), and the Le Amp 2.

http://www.norh.com/news.html

4. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Should that be "L'amp" instead of "Le Amp"? (French high school lessons there...)

I like how the power output doubles into 1/2 ohm loads. Gee, that's what an amp is supposed to do! [​IMG]

Thanks for the link!