What's new

Nirvana Box Set by Christmas (1 Viewer)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Yep, I'll probably pick it up on my way to school, then turn around and go straight back home. :D

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the link Tony B.! There was never any doubt I would buy the box set, but I'm glad the reviews so far have been positive.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, that is a very good point. I do feel bad about giving money to Courtney Love. However, Nirvana is Nirvana and I persoanlly can't wait for the set. :)

Me? I know I'm a bad influence! :D

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

I don't want to wait either, but then again...I've got no fucking money! So maybe I will wait :frowning:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the same boat as Matt. If I could afford a new one, I'd get it ASAP, because I really want to hear this. But I'll have to wait.

I will hint to it as a possible Christmas gift however...

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
It is showing up at $49.99 in the computer up at Best Buy, but that doesn't take into account for new release prices and won't until Sunday the 21st.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

Yah, it's the lowest I've seen too. I'm still holding out hope for a lower price at one of the B&Ms on release date.

I'm going to crack and buy it one way or another, though. That trailer was just too damn kewl :)

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Anybody watch the "Spankin' New DVD: Nirvana" episode that was on MTV2 today? It showcased some of the best material from the box. Good Stuff, too bad it was just 1/2 hour long.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Jeremy: I had no clue that was on today, and I can't find any future airings!! :frowning:

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
Tony-B: Don't worry, the stuff contained within will become redundant and unnecessary in about 9 days or so. It was definitely cool, though.

Matt: You aren't married to another member of this board are you? Don't you have a lightsaber to go play with.;)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor

Ouch!

Can I raise a practical question at this point?

Is this set going to render any of their previous releases moot?

What I mean is, I've got a few of the old singles and stuff (Teen Spirit, Lithium, All Apologies) which I bought for their b-sides. Is this set going to contain a lot of those same b-sides, meaning that I could get effectively get rid of the singles if I wanted to? Or are they still worth keeping for whatever reason?

Keep in mind, I'm probably somewhere between a casual fan and hardcore fan of the band, and am really too lazy to go through and disect the track-listing all that much.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure that the set will most likely include the b-sides from all the singles. But the live versions of songs from the singles might not be on there. I'll look at what b-sides are on each single and see if they are on the set. Even if every single b-side from every single is on the set, I'd still keep the singles to keep your Nirvana collection more complete. ;)

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
No, it contains only a few of Curmudgeon is the only track that is known 100% to be a repeat. There is a slim possibility that Aneurysm (track 9, disc2) is the same as on the Teen Spirit single, but that means Geffen gave the incorrect year as it was recorded in 1991. Otherwise, we probably have the BBC version of it found on Incesticide.

Point is, hang on to those singles because they have stuff that isn't on the box. Same with the "Greatest Hits" disc. There are tracks not found anywhere else, and some that are just out of print. (You Know You're Right and Been A Son.

I am very much a hardcore fan, and I don't even have to dissect the tracklisting. There are total fanatics that can't function daily without their dose of Nirvana who have already done it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks