What's new

Nintendo Wii continues brisk sales and new titles noted (1 Viewer)

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I got a job a few months back where I took public transportation to and from it, so I despite not being very "into" video games anymore, I decided to take a chance and get a DS.

In all my years of owning various systems, I don't think I have bought more games for a system in such short a time as I have the DS. It's such a great and fun little system. I love the retro games like New Super Mario, but I love the more modern games that push the system like Metroid Prime Hunters. I'd love for more companies to push this little system more.

And though I have come to love other games for the system, I bought it largely based on the new Zelda game coming out which I still highly anticipate. Zelda games have often caused me to buy systems. I really enjoy them that much.

Oh and Chris. That is interesting about the profit loss on the other systems. But to think the PS3 is $600 and they are still losing money... that's a bit scary! I'm sure it being a Blu Ray Player partially accounts for the expense. Or maybe the Cell processors. I don't really know much about the PS3. Nothing about it interests me, even aside from the $600 tag. None of it's games have made me go "WOW! Now I see why this thing is worth $600!." But going back to my point a moment ago. Nintendo can and has literally made games that sell systems. They usually involve the words "Mario" or "Zelda." It's odd but true. Whenever I have gotten a renewed interest in video games, I've noticed it's often because of Nintendo. Not a Fanboy or anything, but that's just how it's turned out. T

hey have made games simply fun for me again. Graphics at this point don't really mean crap to me. Games have looked good for years. That isn't enough alone to grab me anymore.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I love it when people say to me "games should be photo-realistic" and I always say:

Tetris.

Scoreboard.

I can still pick up and play Tetris at any moment and play for hours and be entertained. Entertainment matters most.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yowza. Wii continues to break the bank on the #s, the latest numbers are in from Japan, and here's June's retail #s:

Wii: 270,974
PS3: 41,628
XBOX360: 17,616

This is Japan numbers, US #s should be available on the 5th.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter

Push Mode is the best addition to Tetris since the game was invented. Such a simple yet brilliant idea flawlessly executed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks