What's new

Nikon Z series Crop and Full frame Mirrorless - Z 5/6/7/50 and beyond (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
BTW, Canon's decision to prevent APC lenses from being mounted on FF bodies had a real-world reason, and benefit. That reason doesn't exist with mirrorless, because there's no mirror to work around.
And Canon's new RF mount (with adapter) now accepts Canon's APS-C EF-S lenses -- with the camera then being put in "1.6x crop" mode, similar to what Nikon does.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
And Canon's new RF mount (with adapter) now accepts Canon's APS-C EF-S lenses -- with the camera then being put in "1.6x crop" mode, similar to what Nikon does.
Ah! I didn’t know that. The physical limitation doesn’t exist in that situation.

BTW, my annoyance is directed at all these “expert” videos. Not anyone here.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Ho ho ho. Now I have a handstrap and an FTZ I can't use til end of November.

I also got the 40VR Macro to try out. Will test it on the D500, if it's too small for working distance in the way I operate I'll send it back...

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Maybe an upside to this introduction? Crazy low prices on a lot of the DSLRs, up to the D500.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I looooove Think Tank stuff and it's half the price of the Urban Disguise, so I think it's gonna work great for me. I'm not sure about the two-tone, but I'm not really in it for fashion =)
I have a Tamrac bag for my entire Canon M50 mirrorless kit, but it's a tight fit for everything. That Think Tank may be the solution. I put it in my Amazon wishlist. Let me know how it works out when you get it.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I know LowePro is for loser geeks and is universally hated by all cool people, but I have a small system bag for my D5500 that would probably be great. I can look into the model if there are any other pitiful losers like me who are interested.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
So this thing is a lot smaller than I expected. Yes you can probably put a 10" tablet in there but a cover will make it snug. No way I can put my 12.9 iPad Pro in there. Noodling keeping it vice sending back for the Vision 13...
https://www.amazon.com/Think-Tank-Vision-Shoulder-Messenger/dp/B07MQNMWQB

The two tone color was awesome btw. Much better in person than the product shot makes it look

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Ok I haven’t put a single item in yet but think I’m going to love the Vision 13. I was worried I’d hate having to open both a flap and the rain seal every time but of course they thought of that. It’s held onto the flap with Velcro and you can keep it unsealed until you actually need to protect from rain.

There’s a second pocket for a tablet in addition to the laptop slot inside.

there’s removable tripod straps, a build in luggage wrap, and removable whole case rain guard in addition to the seal flap.

Built like a tank. Looks great, doesn’t scream steal me.
D111B423-A009-421E-85EC-2A7A3D4A2884.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks