What's new

NFL2K3-Houston Texans and Reliant Stadium???? (1 Viewer)

Leroy

Second Unit
Can any NFL2k3 owner help me out here? I picked up the game today for $19.99 today and had a question before I open it. I know that the Houston Texans are in the game, but is it their actual roster or a dummy one? Also does it feature Reliant Stadium and its Retractable roof?

Thanks.
(oh, and yes I'm a huge Texans fan and would rather wait for another cycle to get them properly represented if they aren't at this time!)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
It's their actual roster and yes, Reliant Stadium is there as well, but the roof doesn't retract.

Keir H

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup: Go Texans! Where did you guys get that game from at that price..I am a new XBOX owner and need a great sports game. Is Madden 2003 the best? Thanks!

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Keir:
I believe NFL2K3 is on sale at Circuit City this week (until Saturday night) for $19.99
I'm not sure if this link will work or not...but here goes: Be sure to scroll down under the XBOX games listings:
Circuit City weekly flyer - Video Games
Great game...and that is an even better price! NFL2K3 on Microsoft Live is a hoot! Too bad I'm awful at it still...after 15 weeks...:frowning:

Leroy

Second Unit
Thanks for the help guys. After checking out the game, I think I'm gonna have to wait till next year. Even though the roster is for the most part correct(no Miller for TE??), the stadium looks really bad (as in not really like the real thing, I should know as I have season tix!).
Anyone know how well represented the Texans are in the other games(Fever and Madden)?
Oh, and they do need just one more win...over those darn Titans and their nitwit owner Bud!!!:D

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
I've never understood the need for completely accurate players and stadiums. The gameplay and how well the game captures the play of the NFL is what mattered to me. Maybe I'm just the minority in this though. But I think to return NFL 2k3 because the stadium isn't accurately rendered is a mistake. How much time do you spend looking at the stadium and how much time do you spend playing the game?

Leroy

Second Unit
Well, I have no problem with the game or the gameplay, I still play 2k1 on my DC.

The Texans stadium is unique in that the roof retracts and should be subject to weather conditions like all the other open air stadiums, which affects gameplay. And they should at least make an attempt at making it look like it's real world counterpart as most stadiums have at least one unique trait that makes them different and recognizable. This adds to the immersion factor, which to me, ties into the overall feel of the game.

Having an accuarate roster certainly is a big deal if gameplay is important to you. Why would you want to play with a team who may be missing a major player (due to the game's realease timing) that came in a late trade or other roster move? I may have kept it if the Roster updates were for certain going to be available via disc (OXM?) as I do not have broadband avaialble for Live!.

It may seem trivial to some, but hey, if everyone elese's teams and stadiums are fairly correct, why not mine?

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
From playing the other 2 I can tell you that the rosters are even more off. Theres a very cool page at www.football-gaming.com . They have what they think the ratings should be for each game. You can edit them by hand they include the stats for all 3 games. Fever has a chance of being more complete but it was released a week prior. Madden is missing quite a few more people than 2k3. I know on the dolphins madden doesn't have Randy McMichael. Granted his stats are way off but at least hes in there and I could edit him. One thing you might be able to do if you have any friends that have broadband and Xbox live. Download the roster update and put it on a memory card. I don't know if it will be possible but maybe.

Damien

Supporting Actor
actually nfl.com has the best roster updates....i pretty effectively updated madden's awhile ago, and it is in order and laid out very well....
I had 2k3, took it back, bought it again on Monday....don't you dare think about taking this game back at $20! Xbox Live support, better sound, much deeper playbooks, and the ESPN presentation, as well as varied animations make this a great game to complement madden....the only thing i have to get used to is the pass drop thing...if sega would of just added seperate ai sliders like madden, and cleaned up the drop pass/run game, it would be really something special.

Steven M K

Auditioning
Arrrrgh....why is it still $29 for GameCube?

Texans can't win too many more or they will lose some of their extra draft picks...and they need all the depth they can get! Especially on the O-line...

That being said, it would be quite hilarious if they beat the Titans in the last game of the season and ruined their playoff hopes...

Go Texans...

Mike Pattee

Second Unit
If you look at the roster updates on www.football-gaming.com you'll see that they have actual settings for the different games. While the rosters on nfl.com have the real players the others have their game stats so you can see how they rate one players tackling or speed. they adjust them all the time and it's pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks