What's new

Next wave of Disney Treasures! (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

Once again, the Treasures always include a Chronological menu in addition to Alphabetical, as well as Play All.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Let me clearify. I'm talking about an ordering within the set of "rarities" as a whole and not on just this individual disc.

ChrisPearson

Second Unit
Regarding the "two missing cartoons" in Chronological Donald, might they be "from the vault" features due to sensitive material? Bellboy Donald has a scene in which a child is spanked, while Duck Pimples has use of a knife and an axe as threats.

Regarding the programming of the Rarities my guess is that Disney probably feels a full set of silent shorts would be a tough sell, so is mixing some of the silents with some of the 1950s one-shots. A bit aesthetically jarring, but at least it gets the material out there. I hope we'll get a second Rarities volume in a future wave.

In a Platinum Edition of Pinocchio?

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member

If they're listing "Der Furher's Face" with the regular cartoons, I don't think they're leaving out something with a spanking...

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
About the case of the four missing shorts, would someone be able to bring this to the attention of Mr Maltin or whoever is able to pull the strings here? Hopefully it's just an oversight.

About the Figaro shorts, I guess including them in the second volume of Pluto could be a possibility - Pluto and Figaro had a few appearances together. Or maybe there'll be another cartoon volume of "this and that"...

ChrisPearson

Second Unit

I didn't say they were leaving these shorts out. I suggested they might be placing them in the separate "from the vaults" section of the DVD where they placed sensitive material on the MM in BW and Pluto sets last year (and one of those shorts contained a child-spanking).

And Der Fuhrer's Face was unavailable for many years because Disney were cagey about Donald Duck being seen dressed as a Nazi (in spite of the context which makes it obvious why he's dressed that way). There's nothing offensive about the short, except to Nazis.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

Correct, as I said previously, this was a feature starting with Wave Two. Silly Symphonies was in the first wave.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter

This is also available as an extra on the Melody Time DVD. In fact, I bought Melody Time just to have La-a-a-a-a-mbert! :b

-Lyle J.P.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
"Casey at the bat" was originally a part of Melody Time and not an individual short. One could always hope, of course, but I wouldn't find that very likely anyway.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I remember seeing a particular Donald Duck short when I was little that I thought was particularly funny, and I wonder if it will be on this set. Does anyone remember the name of a short where Huey, Dewey, and Louie convince Donald that he is terminally ill? I remember that in this short, Donald is reading a book that describes symptoms, meanwhile Donald's nephews fake the symptoms. If I remember correctly, at one point Donald reads that one of the symptoms is blacking out, and his nephews blindfold him. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Is "Humphrey the Bear" the bear that appeared opposite Donald in "Bearly Asleep"? Easily the funniest Disney short that I've ever seen.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
I have "Melody Time Gold Collection" but it has "Casey Bats Again" (I forget it was on there). :)

By the way. Which Donald cartoon has Donald as a honey bee keeper next to a forest park full of honey hungry bears and the park ranger? I have The Chronological Donald Vol 1: Limited Edition tin. I don't recall it being on it but my memory sux.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Ok, I just found out "Casey at the Bat" is on the "Make Mine Music Gold Collection". Guess I'll get that. :)

Ok, found that out too. It's Beezy Bear from 1955. I want this but "THE CHRONOLOGICAL DONALD" Treasures haven't reached 1955 yet. :frowning:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Classic shorts that are available on other Disney DVDs are going to be included on a future Treasure regardless of that fact, if they haven't been yet.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member

The short you are thinking of is the 1948 film, "Soup's On".

It will almost definitely be included in the next Chronological Donald installment as this wave only goes up to 1946.

PatH

Second Unit
Does anybody in this thread know what happened to "The Scarecrow Of Romney Marsh"? I thought it was to be out by now.

PatH

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
According to a post on UltimateDisney Leonard Maltin assures us that "both DUCK PIMPLES and BELLBOY DONALD will be part of the upcoming DVD set. The error was in the index and the press release."

I'm not surprised, but good news nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks