What's new

New to CRT.....questions (1 Viewer)

lee jordan

Auditioning
Thinking of purchasing a refurbished Crt (Barco 808 or etc),wanting it to perform for HDTV but not sure what is needed in additional equip to accomplish this, I'm told that all is needed is a line doubler like DVDO and another dealer mentioned something called a PD-1000 which he says is a DVD player with rates up to 1600 x 1200 (whatever that means). Can someone give me some advice for dummies? Thanks, also any recommendations of sellers.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I own a Marquee 8000 CRT PJ and I love it! I just have my DVD player running through a line doubler and the image is great but I can tell that if I get a HTPC I can really push this puppy to a film-like image.
Go here for CRT advice... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/
This Forum is fantastic but the AVS Forum speacializes in projectors. Send out a message to Curt Palme, he refurbishes and sells CRT's out of Western Canada. He has a great reputation on the Forum and has also helped me out with advice in the past. If you have any questions just let me know...
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sitcomguy
Recent bookmarks