What's new

New "Silent Hill" stills (1 Viewer)

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
There are some new promotional stills up on yahoo:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808718754/photo/stills

The one with the reaching ghoul arms is kind of meh, I'm sure it looks better under appropriate lighting conditions for the film. I like the rest of them though, particularly the ones showing the other world.

Oh, just checked the IMDB entry for the film, and I hadn't even realized Alice Krige was in this film - cool!

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I hope they duplicate the creepy atmosphere the game has. The twitching nurses in the hospital of the first one still creep me out lol.

Sean*O

Second Unit
Who is the director? Is Akira Yamaoka still involved, and still doing the soundtrack?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Christophe Gans, apparently. I'm just glad to see he's been working on something; it's been a while since Brotherhood of the Wolf made him a name to watch.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Yes, as far as I know, Akira Yamaoka is still involved on the music side - they should also bring over the game people to the sound design as well, it's just as important to the mood of the game as the music (though one could argue that the music in the game is practically just sound effects anyway :) )

Sean*O

Second Unit
This should be excellent. I loved Brotherhood of the Wolf. Gans directing is great news to me. I wonder if Masahi Tsuboyama is also involved with the design of the film since he handled the design of the original games?

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Sounds and looks like the first game with a woman subbed in for the man.

Really dislike Laurie Holden as an actress, however, so that has me kind of concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks