What's new

New Scifi channel pilot "Eureka"... (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I don't know why I watch this week after week since I truly think the show is subpar. They are constantly getting the science part of sci-fi completely wrong. Like the writers' understanding of physics, chemistry, and biology was gleaned from Silver Age Marvel comics. There's been at least a plot hole in every episode, some bigger and more numerous than others.

The premise is cute, but they don't explore the idea of a bleeding edge tech society except to be pointlessly bleeding edge for its own sake. Like if they play baseball in Eurkea, it's with visors and virtual bats & balls. Why? For no good reason.

I like Joe Morton in pretty much anything, and I like him here as well, but he's given the thankless job of spouting non-sensical gobbledy-gook every episode. This is not technobabble -- it's just totally wrong.

I think I only watch it so I can discuss the epsiode with my friend (who is a fan).

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I think the science part of science fiction is overrated. I suspect the substantial surge in interest in Sci-Fi comes mostly from the fact that they're not presenting programs which are based in contexts which are typically science fiction (space, other planets, and in the case of Eureka, secret technologies), but provide what this substantial influx of new viewers want, which is more plot and more character development, and less of what these new viewers don't want, which is the hard-core technical stuff. It's a winning combination (for everyone but hard-core science fiction fans).

Roger_R

Second Unit
In the last episode, Henry said he was going to leave. Is Joe Morton really quitting the show?

derek

Second Unit
Did anyone have issues with stupid wrestling (why SCIFI why!) running into the start time of Eureka the past two weeks on Tuesdays? I missed the last few minutes of each episode on my ReplayTV! :frowning:

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Sci-Fi is the home of the weird, among other things, and there's no denying that wrestling is weird.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Missed the last couple of minutes of last nights episode.

I recorded the 11pm showing of Eureka last night. But it started about 4 minutes late because they had the stoooopid ECW run over. So I missed the last couple minutes of Eureka and the preview.

Can anyone fill me in on what happens in the last couple of minutes?

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
In the last couple of minutes, Carter beats the nuke with hs baseball bat trying to prevent the house from vaporizing Zoe. Somehow, this restores SARA, and they identify SARA's own insecurity -- not concern for Eureka -- as the root cause of "her" behavior, and "deal with it" so she was willing to release them.

Oh, and Jo and Taggert make out in the tunnels.

No, really.

One other thing: Am I the only one amused that the pizza guy wore a red shirt? :D

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
So maybe I only missed seconds. I saw Jo & Taggert. It cut off just after Carter starts talking about SARAH getting upset because he wanted to leave Eureka.

Did Henry decide he would stay?

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Henry didn't indicate he would stay, but he sure looked like he was thinking about it. How true. I think Henry has a few things to think about.

Next week is the season finale? Man, time flies.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know if a season two has been announced? The season final would work as a series ender, but I'd like a few more seasons at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks