New Previews Online: Not Another Teen Movie & Gangs of New York

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Weinberg, Aug 19, 2001.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

3. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

Well, I saw the trailer to Gangs of New York from an alternate site. WOW!!!!!! Looks like an epic mix of romance, stunning sets and costumes, history and violence.
    Even Leonardo DiCaprio looked decent...same goes for his Irish accent (thankfully he didn't study in the sound-like-a-leprechaun class that Tom Cruise apparently took for Far and Away). So nice to see Daniel Day-Lewis back onscreen as well; this appears to be one of his few badass roles. And Cameron Diaz...well, she's a redhead; that's about all I gathered from the trailer.
    And I will say this: from the tantalizing glimpses shown in the trailer, this film may contain the gang fight to end all gang fights. [​IMG] Since I am a Scorsese whore, you can bet I'll be there on opening day.
    Have yet to see the teen movie trailer; when I do I'll let you know.
    ------------------
    Have you ever noticed anyone driving slower than you is an idiot? And anyone driving faster than you is a maniac!! - George Carlin
    ICQ: 55259446 (or just search for "John Shaft"...can you dig?)

4. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Not Another Teen Movie - finally a film that says what I've been dying to scream at the top of my lungs. Man do those films have it coming to them in spades.
    "If you liked Scary Movie...WHO GIVES A SHIT!" [​IMG]
    I've been in line for Gangs since day 1 as a Leo fan and as someone who thinks MS is the best director of the last 25 years.

5. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

I agree with you 100% Seth...That "Not Another Teen Movie" trailer cracked me up...looks like an instant classic, hehe.
    And Gangs of New York...wow. It just looks epic...that's the only word that I can think of...epic.
    ------------------
    Latest Additions: Wayne's World: The Complete Epic, Die Hard Collection
    "At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi...At last, we will have revenge."
    3 more months...

6. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

I was looking forward to Not Another Teen Movie on the cast alone, but I'm really looking forward to it now. Sadly, I have far too many of the movies spoofed in it on DVD...
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site