New Mac Mini I could'nt Wait anylonger

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Dave Scarpa, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Since the Mini is mid way into it's cycle I decided to pull the trigger, I have a PPC 1.42 ghz mini, had it since 2005 and i was a bit long in the tooth. I skipped the initial Intel line, and debated waiting to see if they go I7 in the mini , but decided they probably would'nt as they have'nt even released the Macbook Pro's with that CPU Yet (although it's due soon)

I'm glad I sprung, the 2.53ghz Coreduo2 and Snow Leopard makes my old mini look quaint. Also sprung for a magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard. It's a very nice system, I wanted to get it up and running prior to picking up the Ipad in a few weeks.

I've been not buying much in the way of SW of late cause alot of it moved past tiger and required Leopard or above. So can anyone suggest any SW that would be worth DL/Buying ?

BTW I thought the New Mini's came with Remotes, I had none in my Box.

Dave

2. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Dave, I think Apple has dropped the packed-in remotes across the line (except for the Apple TV, of course). I know my last iMac (last year) and MBP (2 years ago) didn't come with them.

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Figured as Much, I'm not using it for an HTPC at the moment since I have an Apple TV, I bought a New Remote for that so I could always use the old plastic one for the Mini, if I ever did HTPCing on it I'd probably opt for Plex over Front Row...

4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Quote:
    Acorn
    Carbon Copy Cloner
    Steam in about 2 weeks
    CS5 in about 3 weeks
    Lightroom

Above only if into photos/videos cept CCC

5. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I also got a 2.53 GHz Mini a couple weeks ago. My previous Mini is less than a year old, but the folks are in desperate need of a new Mac, so it is going to them. I still got a 25% speed boost. For the first time I can remember, a step-up Mac finally makes serious sense, meaning the 2.53 GHz Mini over the 2.2 GHz. You get a LOT for the extra $200.