What's new

New Godzilla film this December in Japan (1 Viewer)

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, this December, we can once again expect a new Godzilla film (in Japan). The tentative title is Godzilla X Mothra X Mechagodzilla: Tokyo SOS The film is apparently a direct sequel to last years Godzilla X Mechagodzilla with Mothra joining in on the fun (other than Baragon in GMK, lately Toho isn't keen on throwing some different kaiju into the mix). A teaser trailer is showing in Japanese theatres but as usual, the teaser just features footage from previous films. December wouldn't be the same without a new Goji film. :D

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Cool!
Has the last one come out on DVD yet? Cant wait for the horribly dubbed english version!
Its not a godzilla movie if the words match the mouth:D
At least godzilla 2000 had good sound

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
Its not a godzilla movie if the words match the mouth
Channel 4 in the UK showed several Godzilla movies in a subtitled form a couple of years back ( including the original 54 movie ) and I was AMAZED at how good they were when seen the way they were meant to be seen. After that I swore I'd never watch a dubbed Gojira flick again :)

ArmandV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Armand Vaquer
Oddly enough, a Spanish station played a Godzilla film (I forget which one, it was one of the 90s films) and the Spanish dubbing matched the lip movements a lot better.

ArmandV

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Armand Vaquer
Slightly off-topic, but the Sci-Fi Channel will be showing the 1990s Mothra trilogy tomorrow (Rebirth of Mothra, Rebirth of Mothra II, Rebirth of Mothra III).

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
There are very few movies I watch dubbed, but the Godzilla movies are in that catagory.
They are some of my earliest mrmories.,,,cant break nearly 40 years of tradition.

Spanish dubbing matched the lip movements a lot better.
I believe that, english and japanese are the worst for dubbing

It's Mothra Time!!!!

Larry Fletcher

Stunt Coordinator
Armand,

We are still waiting for GMK and G vs. M , for a U.S. dvd release. Are they still "close" to signing the deal?

did you see the Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla from this past year. Where do you rank it with the other current Godzilla films?

thanks.

Now get back to the Monster Zero forums! Just kidding!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks