What's new

New DVD player; does this one sound good? (1 Viewer)

Ashford Little

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in the market for a new DVD player and am seriously considering the new Panasonic DVD-CP67 changer. I want a changer since it's going to also replace my CD changer (consolidation mode underway).

I don't need anything fancy, but I certainly want something better than my old Panasonic DVD-A110 which freezes up far too often. While this player is a progressive scan player I actually won't be taking advantage of that feature since my TV is still analog.

I also am going to wait a bit further before jumping headfirst into the whole SACD vs. DVD-A world so those features don't concern me either.

Anything I'm overlooking here?

Matt Tucker

Agent
Real Name
Matt Tucker
I am in the exact same boat. I have had my Panasonic A110 since April of 1998 and it has been a great player. I have noticed skipping/digitizing on a few rental DVDs, but nothing that I own. I have about a 95% sucess rate reading DVD-R disks, but that 5% is a real pain.
I am also looking at the DVDCP67. I noticed the specs specifically say it is DVD-R compatible. They do have a disclaimer saying that they only guarantee DVD-R with Panasonic burners and disks made on other burners may or may not work.
I am hoping to get one for my B-day coming up in April. I will post my findings.
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattbuffalo
Recent bookmarks