What's new

New Apple Maps in iOS12, or how I can forgive why Apple screwed up Maps in iOS6 (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, thanks for reviving this. Because I hold off on major number beta upgrades (like whole numbers) since my devices are daily drivers, I haven't put 13 on my iPhone. I did just put the latest beta on my iPad last week though, but I haven't looked at the Maps app yet to see if it's improved.

In addition to the things listed here, as someone who just picked up cycling I am disappointed that Maps hasn't embraced the cycling routes that Google Maps has (and they even include elevation). Yes, I'll probably buy a Garmin 830 anyway for it's speed/cadence features, as well as better off-road/trail, but it would be nice on days I don't want to use the computer and am planning to stay on major streets, to be able plot the route out on Maps.

It's just surprising to me that for a company that claims to be supportive of eco-friendly endeavors, that they haven't supported cycling routes (and having just read one of your links, it seems they still aren't supporting it as of 13).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks