What's new

Need some advice on my set-up... (1 Viewer)

Scott_Shoe

Auditioning
Hey I’m new to this forum and I’ve been researching on a HT set-up for sometime now and I’ve come up with a set-up. Here are the components I plan to purchase,

Pioneer VSX-55Ti
Pioneer DV-45a
Phase Tech V-12 surround speaker set
Optoma H30 projector

I’m going to use bettercable SS component video and the rest of the cables will be AR Pro series. I pieced this set together by mostly researching and hearing. The problem is that I heard each item independently of each other so I don’t know how compatible they are together. Do these components compliment themselves well? I have only purchased the cables and the Optoma so far so the rest can be changed. I don’t want to spend much more on my HT set-up so any suggestions in the same price range would be great. Also would you suggest that I get an amp to accompany this set-up (something like a Pioneer M-10X)? Also I’m in no hurry to buy the equipment now, I could wait about 3 months. Do you expect much of a price drop in the near future? Thanks for the input.

Scott

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to HTF, Scott. Since you're asking for advice on specific components for a proposed HT system, I've moved your post to the section where it best fits. The Basics area is strictly for general discussion at the beginner level, not specific purchasing advice. Best of luck with your system. JB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks