What's new

need direction to find a combo sacd/dvd-a (1 Viewer)

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
maybe it's because i have been up too long or something, but I can't find anywhere to buy/review combo players for dvd-a&v and sacd. HELP!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Darryl, you have three options for "universal" players at present:
1) APEX AD-7701: J&R Music World is selling it for $350, or at least they were when I checked about six weeks ago. Reviews I have read on the '7701 on Audio Asylum have been generally poor, which doesn't surprise me in any way. It is an APEX product, after all.
2) Pioneer DV-AX10: Stereophile has the 'AX10 on the cover of the current issue, though the player has been around for awhile now. It does not play multi-channel SACDs (stereo only), and it processes SACDs through a PCM DAC. Stereophile was impressed with the 'AX10 as a DVD-Audio player, but not as an SACD player. They found that the 'AX10 fell short of the Sony SCD-XA777ES with SACDs. Note that the 'AX10 sells for around $5000.
3) Pioneer Elite DV-47A: The '47A isn't out yet, but it is supposed to be out by the end of the month, last time I heard. So, stay tuned for reviews. Unlike the 'AX10, the '47A will play multi-channel SACDs and will process SACDs through a DSD DAC. The retail price will be $1200, but www.soundpros.com is taking pre-orders for $750. Note that Sound Pros is not an authorized dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bromleygarden
Recent bookmarks