What's new

NCAA College Football 2007 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Chan Gailey gets shown the door (and a $4 million buy-out) at Georgia Tech. This was not unexpected as Chan's teams just never quite developed enough consistency, and ran hot/cold (winning at unexpected times, losing at unexpected times). I half-blame Reggie Ball for Chan's departure, but Chan should have gone in a different direction 3 seasons ago QB-wise.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Most of the news columnists around here are reporting that Miles to Michigan is pretty much a done deal. UM is expected to contact Miles soon after the SEC championship game. He'll probably be announced as the new coach sometime next week.

The wild rumor for Miles replacement is, if you can believe it, none other than Nick Saban. Supposedly, the big money boosters at LSU want Saban back, but the administration does not. I just cannot see how they could hire Saban back... he'd only leave again when the next hot job came along. Saban's the Larry Brown of football coaches.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
He's even worse than Larry Brown because at least Brown will stay more than 1-2 years at one place before moving on.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Agreed on Saban. I can't blame Miles for taking the job, it's going home.. though I still stand by my comment he's the wrong fit for that program and I think his move is still the wrong one.. but that's me ;)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Try telling that to UCLA :frowning:

He really did have a chance to keep the continuity of greatness alive for UCLA BB, but when he left we entered a lengthy period of mediocrity (for UCLA).

Thank goodness for Howland, who is on his way to restoring UCLA BB.

Sorry for the aside, back to your regularly scheduled FB thread. Speaking of, I hear my alma mater has a game today ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Now, it's being reported that Miles is staying with LSU. Quite a joke, how these coaches are hired and fired.

SethH

Senior HTF Member

I think that was just a front to try and keep his team in the game tonight. I think early next week he will be signing with Michigan. At least one news cast was quick to point out that he has not signed anything with LSU, so I would bet he's going to Michigan.

Anyway, my Hokies pulled out a solid victory. The final score was much more lopsided than the game really was. A pretty good game to watch overall. Now we just need a miracle upset by Pitt and for Oklahoma to win and we'll be playing Ohio St in the National Championship :) Yeah, I know . . . it's not going to happen, but it's nice to think it could.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Well, thus far, Pitt is helping out. I'm surprised at the 0-0 so late into that game.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
What a rally to end the half for Mizzou. I love the razzle-dazzle ;) Pitt is doing everything to help Ohio.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Wow. I really didn't think Ohio State would make it back into the national championship game after the Illinois loss, even with all of the possibilities.

King Ghidora

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Phelps
It wasn't so impossible after all eh Seth. Pitt and WVU is a big rivalry game where records go out the window. I'm looking at OK just going up 35-17 over the Tigers too. Wow what a year. If this doesn't convince people there should be a playoff system nothing will.

BTW the more a coach sings about staying where he's at the more chance he will leave. Most coaches say they are staying right up to the minute they announce they are leaving. Unless they sign on the dotted line there's always a chance they will jump ship. Even if they do sign they still might change their mind. Just look at what Billy Donovan did last year.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
You got your miracle, now we have a huge mess.

OU not only beat Missouri, they rolled them by 21 points. I think Chase Daniel's Heisman bid went up in smoke as well. It's either Tibow or McFadden.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks