What's new

National Amusements Just Terrible (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Coming back from Fenway Park today I and the wife tried to get into a digital Showing of AOTC's. Of course to be expected it was sold out. So we drove home and was able to get tickets to the second evening showingof the movie.

I went back to this National Amusement Showcase Cinema because they recently went under major revision to a huge stadium complex. Prior I always had problems there with broken films, low sound, you name it. Well to keep with the theme that bigger isn't always better....

The theater was very empty, most of the crowd was in the earlier showing. After the Commercials and previews here comes the feature.... what the hell just happened! The sound droppeddown to a whisper. The 20th century fox theme which should be thunderous was real low, and the movie continued that way. And of course a family decided to babysit their 4 year olds, so they were screaming Yoda continuously. All around people were shooshing them and after 10 minutes of missing dialog I had enough. I stormed out and asked for a refund. It was shameful the presentation they were presenting especially since the commercial and previews were at a fine level. It was also bad that not once did an attendent come in to quiet the kids.

I expect for my $20 that I can hear the movie. So they got my $$ For a bag of Popcorn and soda, and I will never set foot in a National Amusement cinema again.

I went to Spiderman at a Megastar and it was filled to capacity with all sorts of screaming tots but it was fine because you could hear it.

And they wonder why people are Downloading films off the net.

Nowit's a weekwait till I can go again. Thanks National Amusements. Off to their Website to leave negative Feedback.

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I saw AOTC in a National Amusements theater too and noticed the exact same thing (minus the screaming kids mostly)! Previews were nice and loud (and disturbingly, the crowd was way into the "Like Mike" trailer--I must admit it looked better than it should), but the Fox logo was anemic and the sound stayed lackluster. I've heard transistor radios with deeper bass. I muddled through it but I did come out a bit disappointed with the film (for several different reasons)--the bad sound sure didn't help matters, and it was not DLP, and I thought the digital photography looked really bad. I may try to catch it one more time at a better theater before I get it on DVD and see it the way that I personally enjoy the most, on my own system, with great sound and no infants (of which there was 1 in the showing I saw. Toddlers at a movie I can understand to a degree but a tiny baby is inexcusable). :)

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Funny how YMMV.

I love our NA theater (just .02 miles from my house). I've had one bad experience there in several years and that was only sound related (the surround channels were out).

Just saw AOTC and it was excellent, picture and sound. I use my local NA theater as a reference for other theaters.

Troy

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
There's one more digital theater in my area and I'm going to attempt to go Thursday. Yeah what I saw of AOTC did'nt inspire great stuff the entire opening is a bit stilted and everyone seemed bored, well maybe not Mcgregor, but everyone else. I new if I stayed I would of hated the film because I was aggravated. So better to give it a fresh start somewhere else.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like the trailers played in digital and the movie went to analog- possibly the theater has DTS and they forgot to load the discs for the movie but had the trailer disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
servergmr
Recent bookmarks