What's new

Narnia 4 disc (1 Viewer)

PatH

Second Unit
HTF has a story in their news section about sales of special edition DVD's. In this story, a 4 disc edition of Narnia is mentioned. All I've ever found is the 2 disc (I'm speaking here of the recent movie, not the BBC telefilm edition from 1988). Is the article correct? Was there ever a 4 disc edition of the newer version? If so, what was on it. Thanks!

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I liked Narnia a lot, but I think that by releasing a four-disc it just reinforces DISNEY's desire to make the NARNIA series as strong as LORD OF THE RINGS or STAR WARS and I just don't think it will happen.

I am curious to see what additional behind-the-scenes is on the 4 disc.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

From ultimatedisney.com:

"Last February, a Buena Vista Home Entertainment representative informed us that despite what director Andrew Adamson was quoted as saying in USA Today, there were no plans for the Disney/Walden mega-hit The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe to be re-released in an extended version DVD. Now, thanks to a super-secret, reliable inside source, UD has learned that either this was not true or plans have been changed. Plans are now in place for Wardrobe to be revisited in a deluxe four-disc edition sometime soon. While details are very much in development, you can expect an extended cut of the already-substantial 143-minute fantasy, perhaps stretched over two discs, along with some all-new extras. The set could arrive as soon as this holiday season or might be held off closer to the release of sequel Prince Caspian, which is currently scheduled to reach theaters in the summer of 2008. Keep in mind that, like everything else that hasn't been announced (or even has), this information is subject to change. We'll be bringing you a variety of additional exclusive DVD scoops in July!"

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
4 disc set for this bad movie? seriously disney should put more effort in other films to get released on dvd then in this one.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Was that thread fart really necessary, Enrico? I'm not a big fan of the movie myself, but the movie made almost 300 mill. at the US boxoffice. Surely, there must be demand for such a release.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
yes, it was necessary because i don't like everytime to hold back. it doesn't matter that the film made 300 mill because it's still a bad film. disney should be aware that not all people liked what they have made. also i mentioned that they should put the money for bringing a 4 disc set of narnia better in other film releases. how many films still aren't released on dvd from disney? i think quite a lot.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek

Fortunately, the studios do not decide on whether to release a film only when it is universally liked..... For those who do not like it, fine, don't watch it - simple. However, there are, obviously, sufficient numbers of those who do like it to merit a special edition. A great many people would take issue with calling it a "bad" film.....

Magnus T

Supporting Actor

So... are you advocating the end of films all together? I mean, every movie ever made is disliked by someone. So, by your logic, no movies should be made anymore. Maybe we should destroy all existing movies also?

Or are you saying that Disney should ask for your permision for every movie they make?

Lastly, think of it this way... This 4 disc release will surely make Disney alot of money, money that will go into funding DVD's you do like. Also remember that films you like might not make a profit for Disney in releasing an Über Edition.

Sev Bragg

Stunt Coordinator

The typical "My opinion is FACT which rules over all" type of forumer. EnricoE, it's quite obvious that not everyone likes everything, you could say that about any movie. 76 percent reviews of it (rottentomatoes.com) are positive, which isn't too shabby.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Personally, I love the film, but I find the 2-disc release to be more than adequate. Great A/V, great bonus material. And I really don't see how the film will benefit from an extended cut.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

good point :)

i'd also like to add that i have nothing against anyone who likes narnia. it's just my personal view that the film is a stinker and you have to respect my opionion just as i respect yours.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek

EnricoE,

This thread was clearly started by someone who really liked the film, and was hoping for a 4-disc SE. Your comments can be construed as nothing other than a classic "thread fart". You might also want to back up your assessment a little more than just saying that it is a "stinker" (simply saying so without stating why will not be considered a valid position by most here)....

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Isn't that why they released a 2-disc version in addition to the 1-disc version? If they'd planned a 4-disc version, why not just release the 1-disc now and skip the 2-disc altogether, putting that material on the 4-disc?

I also hated the film, but it's the release pattern that concerns me more than whether or not I think the film deserves it. If I had bought the 2-disc release I'd be really pissed that another, even more "special edition" was coming so soon.

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek

Welcome to the wonderful world of double/tripple dipping..... :D

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

No wonder it sold so few copies! :D (The article gave a percentage of the sales of the basic release -- I'm guessing they meant the 2-disc version.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks