What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Mysterious Cities of Gold - Bad news? (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter
Before you get too excited it's available COMPLETE in France. (Just to stay on topic)

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000520EJ/

However it's French language only with no subs or dubs. But that's not why I'm posting.

The bad news is I've heard from a couple of sources that the English language version of this excellent cartoons series/serial now longer exists! Alledgedly the English language masters were destroyed in a fire. This probably explains it's long time non-appearance on UK (and from what I can gather American) television.

Can anyone confirm or deny this rumour?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sean Campbell

Second Unit
Wouldn't the BBC still have it in their archives? It was also shown on Irish tv and on the now defuct 'Children's Channel', so copies might exist someplace. Or not. It'd be pretty sad if it was gone for good...

James Reader

Screenwriter
In theory, whenever the rights to a series are expired, the copies should ship be shipped back to the rights owner.

Of course, as we know from the appearence of 'lost' Dr Who stories this doesn't always happen (Tomb of the Cybermen was found at a Hong Kong television station for example)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks