What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

My Universal Wish List From the Kino Deal (1 Viewer)

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
2000'S(6) The Interpreter, Ice Harvest , Far From Heaven , Talk to Me, Breach, Motorcycle Diaries

1990's(9) The Gingerbread Man, The Chamber, Mad Dog and Glory, Mo Better Blues, Jungle Fever, Crooklyn, Clockers, The Real McCoy Portrait of a Lady

1980s(9) Stick, In God We Trust, Iceman, Endless Love, Raggedy Man, Resurrection, The Four Seasons, The Great Outdoors, All Night Long

1970s(10) The Black Windmill, Charley Varrick, They Might Be Giants, Midnight Man, The Last Remake of Beau Geste, The Seduction of Joe Tynan, Showdown, The Big Fix, The Brinks Job

1960s(18) Sweet Charity, Tell Them Willie Boy is Here, The Appaloosa, The Rare Breed, The Gathering of Eagles, Blindfold, The War Lord, Madame X, The Portrait in Black, Rough Night in Jericho, Tobruk, Ballad of Josie, Arabesque, Mirage, Flower Drum Song, Change of Habit, The Brass Bottle, Munsters Go Home

1950s(15)Foxfire, Female on the Beach, Last Command, Tarnished Angels, Bend of the River, Naked Alibi, Thunder Bay, Night Passage, Land of the Unknown, Jivaro, The Conqueror, Captain Lightfoot, Jet Pilot, Man of a Thousand Faces, Man Without a Star

All underlines HAVE been announced All others are guesses

I would like to see Rought Night In Jerico, as well as the 1966 Beau Geste, a couple of favorites from my school years.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
2000'S(6) The Interpreter, Ice Harvest , Far From Heaven , Talk to Me, Breach, Motorcycle Diaries

1990's(9) The Gingerbread Man, The Chamber, Mad Dog and Glory, Mo Better Blues, Jungle Fever, Crooklyn, Clockers, The Real McCoy Portrait of a Lady

1980s(9) Stick, In God We Trust, Iceman, Endless Love, Raggedy Man, Resurrection, The Four Seasons, The Great Outdoors, All Night Long

1970s(10) The Black Windmill, Charley Varrick, They Might Be Giants, Midnight Man, The Last Remake of Beau Geste, The Seduction of Joe Tynan, Showdown, The Big Fix, The Brinks Job

1960s(18) Sweet Charity, Tell Them Willie Boy is Here, The Appaloosa, The Rare Breed, The Gathering of Eagles, Blindfold, The War Lord, Madame X, The Portrait in Black, Rough Night in Jericho, Tobruk, Ballad of Josie, Arabesque, Mirage, Flower Drum Song, Change of Habit, The Brass Bottle, Munsters Go Home

1950s(15)Foxfire, Female on the Beach, Last Command, Tarnished Angels, Bend of the River, Naked Alibi, Thunder Bay, Night Passage, Land of the Unknown, Jivaro, The Conqueror, Captain Lightfoot, Jet Pilot, Man of a Thousand Faces, Man Without a Star

All underlines HAVE been announced All others are guesses

Universal released The Great Outdoors themselves, Portrait of a Lady has been released by Shout Factory.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
PETE AND TILLIE
THE CHOIRBOYS
DIARY OF A MAD HOUSEWIFE
MELVIN AND HOWARD
THE SEDUCTION OF JOE TYNAN
MOMENT BY MOMENT
THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS
THE BIG FIX
THE BRINKS JOB
HOUSE CALLS
ALL NIGHT LONG ( 1981)
ENDLESS LOVE
PURSUIT OF DB COOPER
ALMOST SUMMER
THE NUDE BOMB
RESSURECTION
RUNNING
THE GREAT WALDO PEPPER
WC FIELDS AND ME
GABLE AND LOMBARD
NUNZIO
WALK PROUD
JANIS
CHANGE OF HABIT
LIMBO
TWO PEOPLE
CAN HIERYNMOUS MERKIN FORGET MERCY HUMPPE?
MOMENT TO MOMENT
ARABESQUE
HARD TO HOLD
ICEMAN
TAKING OFF
THE FRONT PAGE
SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE
KING OF THE MOUNTAIN
CATTLE ANNIE AND LITTLE BRITCHES
SWEET LIBERTY
SAME TIME NEXT YEAR
NAPOLEON
ANIMAL CRACKERS
BINGO LONG
THE BAWDY ADVENTURES OF TOM JONES
CHECKERED FLAG OR CRASH
THE PROMISE
CARAVANS
THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN 1 AND 2
PRISONER OF ZENDA
RED SKY AT MORNING
SEPTEMBER 30 1955

I believe Kino already announced They Might Be Giants. DB Cooper and King of the Mountain are now with Lionsgate, Cattle Annie with MGM, Napoleon there may be a rights issue with it that has be holding it up (Criterion has been trying to get it I believe), Animal Crackers already released in Marx Bros collection by Universal. There is also an issue with W.C. Fields and Me which is why it has not been released. Not sure what that issue is.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
StudioCanal:

2000s (1): Brotherhood of the Wolf

1990s(9): LA Story, Narrow Margin, Mountains of the Moon, Rambling Rose,Cemetary Man; Apartment Zero, Running Time, Light Sleeper, Repossessed

1980s(19): Frances, Tender Mercies, Cross Creek, Memoirs of a Survivor, Diva, Britannia Hospital, The Jazz Singer, The Mirror Crack'd, Handgun, The Seduction, Vice Squad, Music Box, Evil Under the Sun, Slayground, Road Games, Fear No Evil, Honky Tonk Freeway, Times Square,Cant Stop the Music

1970s(34): Emmanuelle, Emmanuelle 2, Goodbye Emmanuelle, Rider on the Rain, Bluebeard, The Three Musketeers, The Four Musketeers, Crossed Swords, Endless Night, Death on the Nile, Eyewitness(Sudden Terror), The Final Programme, That'll Be the Day, Stardust, Murder By Decree, The Manitou, Winter Kills, Straight on Till Morning, Fright,Diamonds, Shatter, Man Who Haunted Himself, Percy, And Soon the Darkness, Fear in the Night, The Railway Children, A Man A Woman and a Bank, Soldier Blue, The Silent Partner, Soldier of Orange, Homebodies, The Nightcomers, Violent City, Get Out Your Handkerchiefs, Kill Kill Kill

1960s(33): Criminal, Two Way Stretch, The Day the Earth Caught Fire, The Oscar, The Young Ones, The Mind Benders, The Servant, Accident, The Daydreamer, Mad Monster Party,Woman Times Seven, Dont Drink the Water, Summer Holiday, Hercules Unchained, Cruel Ones, Whats Up Tiger Lily?, The Frightened City, Heavens Above, An Elephant Called Slowly, A Very Curious Girl, , Stiletto, Whistle Down the Wind, The Battle of Austerlitz, The Empty Canvas, Baby Love,The Passionate Thief, The Wrong Arm of the Law, The Battle of the Sexes, Heaves Above,Robbery,CIrcus of Horrors

Last edited:

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Some of those listed above have been available for a while.

-Girl on a Motorcycle (Kino)
-The 10th Victim (Blue Underground)
-Going Places (Kino)
-The Long Good Friday (Image)
-Bad Boys (Lionsgate)
-Near Dark (Lionsgate)
-Johnny Handsome (Lionsgate)
-Road Games (Umbrealla - region-free Australia)

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I'm not an expert on Studio Canal, but these are my wants:

LIGHT FANTASTIC (1964)
PICTURE MOMMY DEAD
CIRCUS OF HORRORS (all available versions)
THEATRE OF DEATH
HERCULES UNCHAINED (if available)
FRANCES

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

-Going Places (Kino)
-Bad Boys (Lionsgate)
-Near Dark (Lionsgate)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

-Going Places (Kino)
-Bad Boys (Lionsgate)
-Near Dark (Lionsgate)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Just announced from Criterion. Strike one off the list
I WANNA.jpg

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Bedtime Story is great, I remember enjoying it at the cinema & I saw it the other month on YouTube, so Brando could do comedy! It's odd how this film has disappeared (how many people know that Dirty Rotten Scoundrels is a remake?). Anyway, I'm interested in all those old Paramount films, all those Bob Hope comedies, all those DeMille films.

I have the Region 2 DVD of Bedtime Story and it is cropped and nearly unwatchable. This makes we wonder if Universal has decent elements. The DVD was released by something called Cornerstone Media, so perhaps it is a public domain title.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you hate lists, please move on rather than simply criticizing this one. Thanks.

Now that Kino has told us there are 100 films in their new Universal deal, I have pulled that studio's titles from my wist list and am replicating it below. Obviously, those in the spirit of this kind of post are encouraged to add to it. There are several pre-1949 Paramount titles which I assume Universal now owns. List does not include silent films.

Abbott and Costello: HOLD THAT GHOST; TIME OF THEIR LIVES; MEET DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE; BUCK PRIVATES COME HOME; MEET THE KILLER; RIDE 'EM COWBOY

W.C. Fields: THE BANK DICK; NEVER GIVE A SUCKER AN EVEN BREAK; IT'S A GIFT...basically, all the Paramounts, perhaps as a box set?

All unreleased (domestically on Blu-ray) Paramount Preston Sturges films.

AFFLICTION
ALI BABA AND THE FORTY THIEVES
ANNE OF THE THOUSAND DAYS
ARABESQUE
BEAU GESTE
BEND OF THE RIVER (with Technicolor registration issues corrected)
BIG CLOCK, THE
BIX FIX, THE
BLUE COLLAR
BRAVE ONE, THE
CAPTAIN NEWMAN, M.D.
CAT AND THE CANARY (Bob Hope, Paramount)
CAT CREEPS, THE (1930)
CHALK GARDEN, THE
COUNSELLOR [sic] AT LAW
CRISS CROSS
CROOKLYN
DEATH TAKES A HOLIDAY
DR. CYCLOPS
FAR COUNTRY, THE
FIVE GRAVES TO CAIRO
FLOWER DRUM SONG
GHOST BREAKERS, THE
GLASS WEB, THE (3D)
GOING MY WAY
GREAT NORTHFIELD MINNESOTA RAID, THE
GREAT WALDO PEPPER, THE
HEIRESS, THE
ICEMAN
INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN, THE
IPCRESS FILE, THE
ISADORA (aka THE LIVES OF ISODORA)
LAND UNKNOWN, THE
MAN OF A THOUSAND FACES
MAN ON THE MOON
MAN WITHOUT A STAR, THE
MARY, QUEEN OF SCOTS
MILAGRO BEANFIELD WAR, THE
MIRAGE
MONOLITH MONSTERS, THE
MURDERS IN THE RUE MORGUE (1932)
NIGHT PASSAGE
ONE HUNDRED MEN AND A GIRL
PARADISE ALLEY
PRIMARY COLORS
RAVEN, THE (1935)
RESURRECTION (1980)
ROAD TO MOROCCO, THE
ROAD TO ZANZIBAR, THE

SHENANDOAH
SHOWBOAT (1936)
SLAUGHTERHOUSE-FIVE
SLAUGHTER ON TENTH AVENUE
SUSPECT, THE (1944)
SWASHBUCKLER
SWEET CHARITY
TARANTULA
TAZA, SON OF COCHISE (3D)
THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS
THIS GUN FOR HIRE
THIS ISLAND EARTH
THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE
THREE SMART GIRLS
UGLY AMERICAN, THE
UNDERTOW
WAKE ISLAND
WAR LORD, THE
WEB, THE
WINCHESTER '73
WINGS OF THE HAWK (3D)
Those that I bolded are being released on Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks