What's new

My TV cannot take 720P, I can't see HDTV channels with my DTC-100, how do I upconvert (1 Viewer)

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
The subject says it all.. I can see HDnet becuaes it's 1080i, but any channel that comes in (DTV) 720 P.. my mitsu platinum doesn't except it.

The manual says your HDTV tuner (my dtc100) must upconvert or down convert to 1080 or 480p, how do I do this? How do I make my dtc100 do this so I can view 720p material?

thanks guys!!!

Jim

greg_t

Screenwriter
Isn't there a menu in the HD tuner that will allow you to set this? I myself don't have an HD tuner, but I have a friend who has one from his cable company and it has a menu where you can tell it to use either 720p or 1080i. On his, the tuner must be off in order to get into the menu.

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Greg, nothing like that in the DTC-100 unfortunetly :frowning:

thanks for the reply though. Anyone with this receiver know how to do this? I put on HDnet, everything is fine... I put on discovery HD or ESPN and the screen is black!

thanks guys.

Jim

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
One thing to add here, I notice it DOESNT have the latest firmware... could that matter?

It's a mitsu 65-819 Not sure about the 819... its my buddies Tv, 2 years old.... HD tuner built in..we're runing hte DTC-100 via the component converter (VHCD300) to the DTV section of the TV. We get everything except those channels in 720p (espn, discovery) and they are just blank?

thanks again

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
My understanding is that the DTC100 is so old it doesn't even have an option for 720p out. It automatically converts to 1080i.

As for why you aren't getting anything for ESPN/DSCV, maybe they are on a bird you don't have access to currently? Do you have the "triple-sat" HDTV dish?

DSCV AFAIK is 1080i; it shouldn't be a 1080i/720p issue.

Jim Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I do have the trip sat and all 3 lnbs. I read somewhere last night that if you DONT have the latest firmware, you don't get some channels on the 3rd dish. I am pretty sure that is what is going on here. Now I just have to figure out how to upgrade my firmware.

thanks !

Jim

Mike Capulli

Stunt Coordinator
Ive had my DTC100 for almost a year now and I dont have any problems like that. I am converting the VGA signals to Component via the "audio authority" converter. There are only a few options for the signal in the menu but nothing as far as signal type. I believe the DTC100 upscales everything to 1080i which is fine because my TV would have done that anyways. Cant you update your firmware in the menu and get it over the satellite?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks