What's new

My Tempest Sonosub Webpage is Up (1 Viewer)

Julian Data

Second Unit
Brian:
Very well done.. I like the construction pics! :) Nice innovative/different route you took in building the sub.
Julian

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,...
I lllllike it! I think you did the right thing on the cover. I had some material, that was very dense, and not stretchy at all sewn at a specific length for the tubes I built,....It was a real pain to get them on.
Kevin,...>>>--->

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Brian,
Excellent sub! Very nice craftmanship
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
RonSig.jpg

The Green Room

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Brian, great looking sub and I like the use of all-thread rod to lock the end caps together. That bad boy isn't going to flex the end caps. Nice, very nice :)

Zach M

Auditioning
Awesome Brian! Your guests are going to freak when they feel their heart vibrating due to the decorative column in the corner! Great job. I have a question for you: do you think it would be impossible to add some threaded rodes to a sub that is already glued together (i.e. finished)? Thanks for any advice and enjoy your sub.
------------------
My Home Theater

David A. Frattaroli

Stunt Coordinator
Very, very nice. What kind of pickled finish is that? It looks exactly like my kitchen table and I need to refinish it.
Thanks.

Paul_C

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent job!
How does it sound?
Where did you get the grill for the port. My design is very similar but I just left the port open. I would like to get a grill just to be safe.
Thanx.
Paul.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Thanks for all your comments. I’ll try to answer all your questions:
How does it sound?
Very tight, very clean, and very loud, and occasionally frightening. It makes the sofa cusions jump. :D At the prime listening position, sweep tones show a flat response, with +/-3db variations, from 70Hz to 22Hz with a modest -3db (for a total -6db from average) drop off from 22Hz to down to 20Hz. If I ever need my house demolished, this is the tool for the job. I wish I could listen to it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks