What's new

Music clearances on DVDs: Still a problem with newer TV series, or not? (1 Viewer)

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H

I think (and I could be wrong) Everybody Hates Chris only had music replaced for season 1.

Medium, a current show still airing with a pretty decent amount of copyrighted music in it, has all music cleared for all seasons on DVD. This is released by CBS/Paramount. Of course undoubtedly Glen Gordon Caron has the music cleared in advance after what he went though getting Moonlighting onto DVD.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

Denny, very good point. That's something that may explain a lot of this issue.

It's just my 2 cents, but as a TV/DVD consumer, I expect to buy a TV/DVD set with the eps as they were broadcast. It's not a perfect world, I know, but that's the way I see it if we're spending our $'s on a official studio DVD product. I just think that sometimes, we as consumers are not looked at as buyers of their products, "know what I mean, Vern?" :D

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Considering it is Jerry Bruckheimer's show, I don't think he wants any more money. He's fine with the syndication money.

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
I do not buy newer tv shows on dvd. Never had a reason to. I buy what I grew up with. There's enough in my past that doesn't need recycled or catered to. Fortunately for me classic (or what I believe to be termed as such) Television shows are not one of them. I do not buy Happy Days to listen to the music. That's what cd's are for. When I view a Happy Days episode I know when the music has been changed. I venture to say we all do.
However, it does not affect character dialogue, distort colors, dimish or alter background scenery. It fails to erase even one second from the show as we view it. In other words my good friends I can live with it. I am not going to ignore or keep myself from owning something that I want because someone else decides its best that we teach (Paramount) for example...a lesson. Why punish yourself to hurt them. Because in the end it's the consumer who will lose. When minutes are cut!!!! Well, now er're talking HARD BALL.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks