What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Multi User Account On 4K AppleTV? (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Does this player have a place for mounting? For example I have a wood a/v rack if I wanted to mount it upside down from the top of the inside of the rack? Or on the inside side panel just above the a/v receiver?

Example and I know the apple tv may not be to scale.

20181007_175037s.jpg

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
There are lots of wall mount brackets available for the Apple TV, Dave. I am sure one of them will work for your application. Just search for "Apple TV rack mount" on Amazon and you will find a bunch of options.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Does this player have a place for mounting? For example I have a wood a/v rack if I wanted to mount it upside down from the top of the inside of the rack? Or on the inside side panel just above the a/v receiver?

One thing to think about too is that the remote doesn't need a line of sight to work with the Apple TV, so it doesn't even need to be visible. My ATV is behind my TV stand. You cant even tell it's there.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
One thing to think about too is that the remote doesn't need a line of sight to work with the Apple TV, so it doesn't even need to be visible. My ATV is behind my TV stand. You cant even tell it's there.
Unless, of course, you use a universal remote. I use a Harmony 650 to control my entire home theater, so I still need line of sight to all my devices.

However, your point is still valid. This is a small device, so it can easily be placed on top of another component, or you could use a couple of Velcro strips if you wanted to adhere it to the bottom of a shelf. In my setup, I just have the Apple TV and Roku Ultra sitting on top of disc players.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Is it possible to run Plex on Apple TV or will I need another streaming device like Nvidia Shield?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
April 4th, 2019 Saturday

Ok pulled the trigger on a 4K Apple TV! They where out of the 32gb but price matched the 64gb to Costco so I gave in and will install it on my day off as I have to crawl under the house to run my cat6 cable. Just need to decide where the Apple TV will reside in my a/v rack. This is my first stand alone streaming box!

20190413_173533a.jpg

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
April 4th, 2019 Saturday

Ok pulled the trigger on a 4K Apple TV! They where out of the 32gb but price matched the 64gb to Costco so I gave in and will install it on my day off as I have to crawl under the house to run my cat6 cable. Just need to decide where the Apple TV will reside in my a/v rack. This is my first stand alone streaming box!

Welcome to the club! If you're going to use the Apple remote, put the box wherever you want, as it doesn't need a line of sight. Mine is on the floor behind the TV.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Most likely will use the Apple remote and I did get the Apple warranty that I believe covers the the unit for 2 years and also covers the remote. Now I only need to run the new cat6 cable to the a/v rack.

20190414_111208a.jpg 20190414_111519a.jpg 20190414_111612a.jpg 20190414_112509a.jpg

With only a power connection, HDMI and ethernet connetion on the Apple TV would some one tell my why Apple put this connector in the box? (Edit) Never mind I guess this is to charge the remote. Not sure if this is a good thing or not? I guess as long as it holds a charge for a decent amount of time I will get used to it.
20190414_113918a.jpg

20190414_122327a.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Got my cat6 cable run under the house and set up the Apple TV today. I also installed the Vudu and Movie Anywhere apps and checked out some content on the new 4K Apple TV. It actually looks better than I thought it would and the sound is good as well. Not as good as the disc but good enough to make me glad I changed my mind and purchased it.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Purchased the following on iTunes

The Book Thief
Thor
Karate Kid
The Hunt For Red October
So you decided on the digital version of Karate Kid after all. Great deal right?

All titles eventually go on sale....many for $4.99 if you are patient.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Yes, patience will save you a lot of money on iTunes. I would suggest getting the Cheap Charts app, as it will show you daily which titles have been reduced in price.

I have set a personal price ceiling of $5 for an HDX transfer and $10 for a 4K transfer of individual films. That keeps me from getting an itchy trigger finger with all the titles available.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So you decided on the digital version of Karate Kid after all. Great deal right?

Will most likely get Karate Kid on disc later but yes $8.99 is not a bad deal.

Yes, patience will save you a lot of money on iTunes. I would suggest getting the Cheap Charts app, as it will show you daily which titles have been reduced in price.

Will look into that app later on the phone, thanks. I looked and it is not available for Windows 10.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Will most likely get Karate Kid on disc later but yes $8.99 is not a bad deal.

Will look into that app later on the phone, thanks. I looked and it is not available for Windows 10.
The Karate Kid is $7.99! Also, I would recommend that app as well as patience in purchasing titles as it would save you money in the long run.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/id270980948

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I would suggest getting the Cheap Charts app, as it will show you daily which titles have been reduced in price.

Also, I would recommend that app as well as patience in purchasing titles as it would save you money in the long run.

I have always argued against using the Cheap Charts app, and instead think you should use their website.

The website will also search Vudu and Amazon, whereas the app restricts you to iTunes only. With MA, sale prices at Vudu and Amazon are really the same as if they were at iTunes...

https://www.cheapcharts.info/

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have always argued against using the Cheap Charts app, and instead think you should use their website.

The website will also search Vudu and Amazon, whereas the app restricts you to iTunes only. With MA, sale prices at Vudu and Amazon are really the same as if they were at iTunes...

https://www.cheapcharts.info/
Whatever a person uses, it's better than just buying titles without using anything to help you with discounted pricing.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Besides the Vudu and Movies Anywhere apps already installed on my Apple TV what else should I install on the Apple TV?

20190414_122327a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QuirkyProtection
Recent bookmarks