most prolific actor

Discussion in 'Movies' started by chris winters, Dec 14, 2004.

1. chris winters

chris winters Second Unit

Im sure somone out there knows this, but I was curious who the most prolific actor was/is? Michael Cain? Just useless trivie, but who holds the record for most screen credits? what if we seperate it to currently still working as well as passed away?

2. Jeff Reis

Jeff Reis Stunt Coordinator

I'm sure there's someone out there more prolific, but I'd bet that Christopher Lee is up there.

3. Richard Gilmore

Richard Gilmore Stunt Coordinator

Clint Howard? He's everywhere.

4. Shawn_McD

Shawn_McD Stunt Coordinator

5. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

John Wayne

EDIT: 174 roles, 142 of them leading roles (according to IMDB)

EDIT: Although IMDB claims John Wayne is the most prolific actor, they list 220+ films for Christopher Lee.

EDIT: If you want to count voice actors, who work in shorts as well as features, Mel Blanc has over 900! [​IMG]

http://us.imdb.com/Prolific/actors

6. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    Two more ultra-prolific actors (both deceased):

John Carradine

Paul Frees (whose voice could be heard nearly everywhere. Despite the the way they quantify listings at IMDB, if one had the time and resources to actually itemize all of Frees' voice credits --and not all of them are listed at IMDB-- his might even out-number Mel Blanc's prodigious filmography)

7. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    Oliver Hardy was a prolific silent movie actor in addition to being half of the greatest (in my opinion) comedy duo in history. His resume includes over 400 roles.

Among living actors, if you combine TV and movie appearances, the ever popular Charles Lane has well over 330 acting roles. Old movie buffs know who he is, but even casual fans will recognize him by sight even if they don't know his name.

Actually, there are number of actors with over 200 roles. As many are aware, it wasn't unusual for contract players of the "golden age" to appear in multiple movies in one year. Eugene Pallette, Tom Kennedy, Marc Lawrence (another still living actor), and Moe Howard all boast over 200 appearances.

Steve

8. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I thought it was that John Holmes (?) guy in the XXX flicks.
    [​IMG]

Glenn