What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

More Welles in the New Year? (1 Viewer)

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
This doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet, or if it was, it was lost in the server shuffle, but according to DVD Journal, Universal will be releasing editions of Orson Welles' The Stranger and The Trial on February 7th.

I haven't seen this announcement anywhere else, and DVD Journal simply sources their upcoming release news as "courtesy of Amazon.com and additional staff reports". Anyone know more details on this?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
Don't get excited, Sean.

In 2002, Focus Films (distributed through Universal) released this:

On February 7th, Focus Films will be releasing each disc separately.

And don't be taken in by the wording "fully restored." DVD Beaver's comparisons have shown the Focus transfers to be little better than the myriad public domain issues:

The Trial
The Stranger

CameronMcC

Second Unit
I was hoping for some remasters. i have the above mentioned disc, and its redeeming quality is that the commentaries are pretty good.

MichaelScott

Stunt Coordinator
Well it is listed on Amazon for the 2/7 date..from Focus..and listed at $6.99..ditto on the don't get excited comment..bummer I would have liked a remastered The Stranger...looks like I'll stick with the Killer Classics version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks