What's new

Moives with great "Surround Sound " (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
sounds a bit like my impression of the soundtrack on Band of Brothers. not the most agressive, nor loudly thumping, but certainly the small arms fire coming from all around, as well as the air whooshing during the parachute drops, were quite enveloping.
but what do I know, I'm not, by my own admission, a very discerning listener... :D

Declan

Second Unit
it WASN'T just loudly thumping away the whole time
Totally agree with you. But the sequences that were dissapointing to me compared with what i though they were going to sound like were when the first Black hawk gets shot down (super 61 I think) I found the bass and general surround channels to be lacking when i should have been overwhelmed with sound during that sequence. the other scene which springs to mind is when they "nuke" the somallians on the roof near the end of the film. I was waiting to hear all sorts fo ricochets, gunfire and debri coming from each speaker but it sounded very flat. Not much (if anything) coming from the rears during that part. Although the rest of the movie I think is a masterpiece of sound design. I just wished that it was more aggressively mixed to complement what is going on screen.

I find "big" sound moments more suited to test out and show friends and family why i spent a load of cash on my amp and speakers. I enjoy sublte tracks such as Insomnia just as much as Armageddon or Fast And the Furious.

Declan

Second Unit
the pro-logic track on Casper is one of the best. Wish I had the DTS version though.........and why is this not out on DVD yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks