What's new
World Wide Stereo

Mitsu 65413 deal ..good enough? (1 Viewer)

GeraldK

Agent
Need to decide quickly, so I'd appreciate some quick thoughts...

After a lot of research, I'm very close to getting the Mitsu 65413, but wanted some opinions of the deal.

On Sat morning (12/20) from 7-10 am, Sears is offering another 10% off of everything in the store.

Here's the breakdown:

Mitsu 65413....reg. price.... $2799.00
Sears $100 off all widescreens
Sears 10% discount ............
FINAL COST..Pre-TAX...... $2429.10

Additionally, through tomorrow, Sears is offering a rebate on the delivery charge. That saves me an additional $40.

Conn's claims they can pricematch, so does anyone have any preference of one store over the other, especially on service and/or extended warranties? Sears 4 yr warranty is $499, and Conns 4 yr is $399. I don't mind a $100 premium as long as it's backed up by good terms and service.

Thanks all....

728x90

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Mits makes a great set (speaking of their entire line).

Have you done some googling for best pricing?

I used to live in Texas and was never a fan of Conns (for what that is worth).

Id imagine that if you told sears you could get the extended warranty at Conns for X amount they would then match it (as it is almost all profit for them anyways).

Seasons greatings!!

Gregg

GeraldK

Agent
Thanks a bunch, Gregg, for the quick response. (I kept checking the private mesg area instead of here for a response!!)

Regarding Conns v Sears, I'm not a big fan of either, but the Sears 10% off is what's swaying me their direction and, since it's only good until 10am today, I thought the savings would just about cover the ext warranty. I didn't think that Sears would PM on the warranty. That's a good idea as IIRC they wanted $499 for the 4 yr.extended vs. $399 at Conns.

Any thoughts on the dire need of the 1384 connection. We'll probably u/g the Time Warner cable to HD for the short term, with the possibility of going to some sort of HD Sat system eventually.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Gregg,

How do Mits look out of the box? I'm sure they would benefit from an ISF like any other set, but I have heard they look pretty decent out of the box.

Cliff Olson

Stunt Coordinator

Dave, I'm not Gregg, but mine looks great. I check the Convergence all the time, but it is always pretty solid, and rarely needs much adjustment - if any. I am checking into an ISF Tech currently, so I'll know the full potential of the set, soon :)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
They look good out of the box, usually blue.

After a video setup and calibration they will drop your jaw (well hopefully drop your jaw).

Please remember that LionAV affiliates not only do an ISF calibration on your set but also a complete video setup.

Regards

Gregg

GeraldK

Agent
Thanks all for the ideas/help. The set is due for delivery sometime tomorrow!! I'm happy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katarianig
Recent bookmarks