What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Thanks for creating this list!

I watched and reviewed all episodes of Mission: Impossible (1966-1973), I also own the companion book by Patrick J. White and the CD soundtracks from various labels (GNP Crescendo, One Way Records/MCA, La La Land).
This message will self destruct in five seconds…

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Hopefully, CBS/Paramount will get the '88--'90 series remastered for Blu ray (or, at the least, streaming) in time to tie in with the final Tom Cruise "Mission".. Yes, I know the '88 series pales in direct comparison to the original, but it still deserves an HD release.
Only if they go back to the original elements and redo the whole series like Star Trek TNG. Unlikely. Since it was originally edited on tape the PQ will suffer and will only draw complaints from everyone.

DVDvision

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
So, there is still no re-release with the pilot complete?
The old Pal VHS had extra scenes at the beginning that were cut once this landed on DVD.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I watched and reviewed all episodes of Mission: Impossible (1966-1973), I also own the companion book by Patrick J. White and the CD soundtracks from various labels (GNP Crescendo, One Way Records/MCA, La La Land).
This message will self destruct in five seconds…
I’ve seen the series but I’ve never gotten to super fan levels. So I don’t recall all the episodes and titles. There are several earlier episodes I recall from the Landau/Bain era. To me that seems like that’s the golden era. The later episodes are less familiar to me. But I am curious to revisit the Nimoy era given my Star Trek fandom.

Your list is handy to compare notes with. Operation Rogosh was a good one, but I wasn’t sure yet I’d rate it that high. But each person has a different likes. :).

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
I’ve seen the series but I’ve never gotten to super fan levels. So I don’t recall all the episodes and titles. There are several earlier episodes I recall from the Landau/Bain era. To me that seems like that’s the golden era. The later episodes are less familiar to me. But I am curious to revisit the Nimoy era given my Star Trek fandom.

Your list is handy to compare notes with. Operation Rogosh was a good one, but I wasn’t sure yet I’d rate it that high. But each person has a different likes. :).

I watched Mission since the 1970’s. I even remembered watching “Bag Woman” (season 6) back then.
I adore its music, I mean the original scores (La La Land CD) that I listen in my car on a weekly basis.
The Wild Wild West and Mission: Impossible are ‘almost’ identical in terms of characters concept:
leader James West/Jim Phelps and master of disguise Artemus Gordon/Rollin Hand.
Producer Bruce Lansbury started on The Wild Wild West (season 2 to season 4) and moved on to Mission: Impossible (season 4 to season 6).

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Starting with being irritated by the calliope music in "Old Man Out", I was with MISSION:IMPOSSIBLE from its first season on. Eventually, in addition to my sisters and me, Mom and Dad also became fans and the show was a must-see every week, no matter where CBS moved it on the schedule.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I was a very young kid when the show was on, so I didn’t watch it at the time. To me, this was the epitome of a “grown-up show,” something sophisticated that adults watched.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I was a very young kid when the show was on, so I didn’t watch it at the time. To me, this was the epitome of a “grown-up show,” something sophisticated that adults watched.
When I was a kid, if it wasn't a fast paced adventure or a comedy, I wasn't interested. Mission: Impossible was neither. I didn't realize how good this should was until, well, the 80's.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Since I know the series almost by heart, I tend to watch it with the following criteria:
by categories
by guest actors (recurring, one-shot)
by directors
by composers

Example:

recurring guests
John Colicos
Robert Conrad
James Daly
Jason Evers
Hans Gudegast
Steve Ihnat
Mark Lenard
Joe Maross
Albert Paulsen
Nehemiah Persoff
Pernell Roberts
Alfred Ryder
Milton Selzer
William Shatner
David Sheiner
William Smithers
Paul Stevens
Michael Strong
Malachi Throne
John Vernon
Fritz Weaver
William Windom
Anthony Zerbe

Picture of actor Fritz Weaver.
weaver.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks