What's new

Mission Impossible for Xbox - Help..... (1 Viewer)

John Doran

Screenwriter
ok. i was just on the level where you have to follow the woman (sofia) as she enters a military compound. the game suggests using the WASP device to trail her to see where she goes; once you've done that, you have to catch up to her on foot.

so i did what the game said and used the WASP and then tried entering the compound both the way sofa entered as well as by the back way (microcording up and over the wall right behind you when you start the level), and both ways i got stopped by the second of the two gates she passes through.

i played this level for hours and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get past the second gate; after (frustratedly) checking out a walkthrough for the PS2 version on gamefaqs (there was no Xbox FAQ), one which didn't really make sense to me, i restarted the level and just jumped the wall right off the bat, and didn't use the WASP at all, and then simply waited for sofia to walk through the inner gate, and just passed through the gate right behind her.

i'm just wondering if there's another way to get past that f$#%*ng gate, because one of my basic gameplaying assumptions is that games won't let you progress beyond a certain point if you've done something that makes it impossible for you to continue past the next puzzle, you know? but since i can't for the life of me figure out how to get past the inner gate without NOT using the WASP (in direct contradiction to what the game says to do), i fear i may have to abandon my assumption....

i mean, i would tranq all of the guards and wander around over and over and over again, rtying to lift up all the manhole-covers, flying WASPs hither and thither, try all the doors again and again, etc.. talk about maddening (it doesn't help that i'm not all that bright, either).

anyone solved this another way?

thanks, and sorry for the long, boring story....

- jd

James T

Screenwriter
Can you give details on the second gate? I remember it being straightforward after finding the railing to micorcord at the start of the level.

In case this is where you got stuck and if I remember correctly, after microcording,there's a guard immediately and a guard waiting for you around the corner. Take out the camera on your left side(after passing the corner. There's another guard walking through the sensors. Take him out in the alley and drag him off site. I can't remember if the patrolling guard is the same as the deskguard, but if not, take out the desk guard as well. There's two switches. One switch is for the entrance near you(could be gate 1) and the other is for the gate by the corner(where you took out the camera). Hit the button and make a dash for the gate. Don't worry about the radar-laser beam. You should get through the gate with more than enough time(may have to roll through).

John Doran

Screenwriter
sigh. i thought those switches were both for the first gate - like it was some kind of failsafe device or something (i thought i remembered seeing the guard activate both of them to open the first gate).

i pushed both those buttons, too, but never actually ran to get to the second gate, so by the time i got there it had just closed again, i guess.

i'm an idiot.

thanks for the help, james.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
lol i'm glad someone else was having a hard time with this level.. i put the game down for two weeks after not being able to figure that out. one day i felt like playing and bam.. there it was. i felt like the biggest idiot this side of pluto.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tennispro786
Recent bookmarks